Support for virtual credit cards

krycor

Honorary Master
Something I keep forgetting to ask about again but saw it in another thread. I’ve previously asked via support and the answer was no.

Is there a timeline on when support for eCommerce transactions will become supported by your acquirer? And thus your credit card transactions/subscription.

Yes I know currently credit card purchases work (card not present with stored cvv) as per normal but the new eCommerce thing with tokenization allows for single auth for subscription and repeat purchases (thereby catering for virtual cards with dynamic cvv).

Anyway just curious as I’ve been on a drive to remove my actual credit card number off all ecom sites and don’t want to risk an internet outage due to lack of support. I kinda want to get this complete by December when I get a new card.

blunt

Expert Member
My FNB virtual worked fine for repeat billing on Afrihost, I changed back to my regular one (unrelated reasons) but it did work for the few months I had it on.

TedLasso

Expert Member
All my online transactions have been transitioned to VCC with no real repurcussions except for delayed reporting

List of services using VCC
Netflix, YouTube, Google One, Amazon Prime, Microsoft, iCloud, Uber, Admyt, Kaching, Zapper, Snapscan, Takealot, OneDayOnly, Vox, Naked, to name a few.

I could be FNBs best VCC customer

Tacet

Expert Member
All my online transactions have been transitioned to VCC with no real repurcussions except for delayed reporting

List of services using VCC
Netflix, YouTube, Google One, Amazon Prime, Microsoft, iCloud, Uber, Admyt, Kaching, Zapper, Snapscan, Takealot, OneDayOnly, Vox, Naked, to name a few.

I could be FNBs best VCC customer
I must be doing something wrong. Both SnapScan and Youtube declined mine the second time. I'm 60% sure that I'm using mine on Steam, and that worked, though.

TedLasso

Expert Member
I must be doing something wrong. Both SnapScan and Youtube declined mine the second time. I'm 60% sure that I'm using mine on Steam, and that worked, though.
I had to setup Snapscan yesterday as I got a new phone, and the VCC i use for all South African services was accepted with no issues. You could be doing something wrong ... but sadly, I don't know what.

Setup Kaching app today and was surprised to see that that I was in R10 arrears. Apparently my premier card finally got cancelled when I moved to PC, and there was a june 21 transaction that still needed to be paid. This was the one service I forgot about as my Wife uses it primarily. Put in the same VCC and it was accepted. Also added a second VCC from my wife's profile for her car. As a side note, at least Kaching is better than Admyt in this regard.

Tacet

Expert Member
I had to setup Snapscan yesterday as I got a new phone, and the VCC i use for all South African services was accepted with no issues. You could be doing something wrong ... but sadly, I don't know what.

Snapscan is happy to take the VCC. Their R2 check goes through and I can do the transaction. But two weeks later, if I try a transaction, it fails. I don't know if it something to do with the CCV expiring.

blunt

Expert Member
Snapscan is happy to take the VCC. Their R2 check goes through and I can do the transaction. But two weeks later, if I try a transaction, it fails. I don't know if it something to do with the CCV expiring.
I had the same issue, works fine while the CVV you used to add it is valid but then fails.

krycor

Honorary Master
Moved this to FNB virtual card specific thread here:

[FNB] Merchants that accept Virtual Cards for recurring transactions