Supreme Court Rules That About Half Of Oklahoma Is Native American Land

konfab

Honorary Master
The ruling has a number of significant consequences for criminal law in the relevant portion of Oklahoma.

The first is that going forward, certain major crimes committed within the boundaries of reservations must be prosecuted in federal court rather than state court, if a Native American is involved. So if a Native American is accused of a major crime in downtown Tulsa, the federal government rather than the state government will prosecute it. Less serious crimes involving Native Americans on American Indian land will be handled in tribal courts. This arrangement is already common in Western states like Arizona, New Mexico and Montana, said Washburn.

konfab

Honorary Master
Equality before the law, you know unless you are a member of a certain tribe.

Who gets to decide you are a member of the tribe? The one drop rule? A council of elders?

Urist

Expert Member
Weird double government
almost like
apartheid homelands

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Who gets to decide you are a member of the tribe? The one drop rule? A council of elders?

What are the most typical requirements for membership?
Each tribe has a base roll which was established, usually, in the early 20th century, listing the members of the tribe at that time. Your first challenge will be to prove direct lineal descent from someone listed on that base roll. Then you must prove that you have the required level of blood quantum – the percentage of your genetic make-up that is native by bloodline. Most tribes require a 1/4 blood quantum – that is, you must be at least one-fourth Native American – but note that the Eastern Band of the Cherokees requires that you be only 1/16 or higher to join, and the Cherokee Nation has no minimum quantum restriction, so long as you can prove descent. There may be other conditions for membership as well: requirements for tribal residency or continued contact with the tribe are common.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
So bugger you if your great grandma preferred white men LMAO
Not all lost, you just need to hope another one of your great grandparents liked a bit of milk in their coffee.

How is “blood quantum” demonstrated?
One full-blooded grandparent would give you a 1/4 blood quantum. Likewise, two half-blooded grandparents would give you a 1/4 blood quantum. To apply for tribal membership, you would have to get a CDIB (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood) card issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

binkybozo

And with the Cherokee Nation (which I am a member of, GG Grandfather walked the Trail of Tears) if you adopt a child or as the story with my wife and me, I was able to get my son listed as a part of the Cherokee Nation even though the U.S. doesn't recognize him as my legal son because we are both women and my wife gave birth to him even though we are married.
The Cherokee Nation also gives special joining rights to relatives of those that walked the Trail of Tears.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Just imagine a judge now declare your city with a semi accountable elected government to now fall under tribal rule, not because the tribe next door actually tried to claim the land, but in order to set a rapist free on a legal technicality.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
“I have personally advised all partners regarding this in the United States. There will be no confiscation whatsoever of private land … So now, having said that there will be no confiscation of any private land whatsoever, now is the time for major US investment in South Africa.”
"The free world must embrace its national foundations. It must not attempt to erase them or replace them," the president told the U.N. General Assembly. "The future does not belong to globalists, the future belongs to patriots."

Donald Trump

The Free Radical

Tribal courts. Bwahahahahah
I thought the USA was a first world, developed country.
So half of Oklahoma is now an Appachestan?. LOL