noxibox

Honorary Master
I skipped the entire legal arms race by simply modifying my gas paintball gun psi levels and loading it with ball bearings.

It shoots faster than a shotgun and does just as much damage if not more due to the rounds count.

No theft attempts so far (touch wood) but I am pretty sure if I have to use the paintball gun on any intruder it would be beyond lethal.
Legally you will have a problem. First if the police ever find out you have. Second if you injure someone with it.

Yes, this.
My wife and I first went for non-lethal self defence training. Had a guy teach us some Krav Maga.
Then went for firearm competency.
Then back to the first guy to teach hand to hand self defence with a firearm, i.e. how to prevent yourself from being disarmed in a scuffle etc.
One off training isn’t enough. Needs to be practiced regularly so that it becomes automatic. When faced with danger you just do it.

You may not like guns - that's your right.
You may also not believe in God. That's your right too.
But if you are ever faced with life-threatening violence, you will be calling someone who has a gun and praying that he gets there in time!
Well that’s a common mistake thinking the word pray has only one meaning. The other meaning has nothing at all to do with making wishes to your fairy godfather.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Legally you will have a problem. First if the police ever find out you have. Second if you injure someone with it.

One off training isn’t enough. Needs to be practiced regularly so that it becomes automatic. When faced with danger you just do it.

Well that’s a common mistake thinking the word pray has only one meaning. The other meaning has nothing at all to do with making wishes to your fairy godfather.
You'll just have to wait to see if you'll be burning forever....

Glock26

Expert Member
They aren't doing Section 21's anymore. Yes...technically you can apply. But in practise, it will be declined.
They aren't even renewing expired Sec 21 permits.
Oh, and for the guy who wants to own a PS90 or FN Five-Seven etc...good luck. Then you can join the other morons who bought one and now cannot get a single round of ammo for it.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
They aren't doing Section 21's anymore. Yes...technically you can apply. But in practise, it will be declined.
Oh, and for the guy who wants to own a PS90 or FN Five-Seven etc...good luck. Then you can join the other morons who bought one and now cannot get a single round of ammo for it.
Those are probably two of the guns I would love to own the most. The ammo is why I would realistically never own either.

WollieVerstege

Yeah, this is pretty much the feedback I got this morning on Sec 21

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
I skipped the entire legal arms race by simply modifying my gas paintball gun psi levels and loading it with ball bearings.

It shoots faster than a shotgun and does just as much damage if not more due to the rounds count.

No theft attempts so far (touch wood) but I am pretty sure if I have to use the paintball gun on any intruder it would be beyond lethal.
You're aware a paintball gun has a legal definition, which includes the energy imparted on the pellet? If you have modified it beyond those specs, you're sitting with something that requires a gun licence. If you used it in self-defence and killed someone, I suspect you'd be tried for having an unlicensed firearm. Don't risk it.

qscwbt

Expert Member

I highly doubt it can do more damage than a shotgun. even if you can get 350 fps with a heavy wheel bearing its not gonna beat a Shotgun

A 1 oz. (437.5 grain) 2 3/4" Foster 12 gauge shotgun slug achieves a velocity of approximately 1,560 fps with a muzzle energy of 2,363 ft. lbs. The 3" slugs travel at around 1,760 fps with a muzzle energy 3,105 ft-lbs.