Suspected Islamists behead 10 in Mozambique village: sources

FrankCastle

Executive Member
are you suggesting I didn't re-evaluate my beliefs?

once again your assumptions/premises are beyond ludicrous, and yes you made it up because it suited your narrative, now all of a sudden, interactions are not relevant, because it doesn't suit your narrative.
Stop assuming Im suggesting things. That's dishonest.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Is this 3 stages of Jihad thing another David wood wet dream? I recall a user called Lightscribe punting this all over the forum before he got banned a couple of years ago
If he was resorting to constant personal attacks then getting banned seems right, however 3 stage Jihad is based on koranic revelations revealed at a specific time during the 23 years of profithood so it makes perfect sense.
If renown exegesis PhD scholar Shabeer Alli cant defend this claim what chance do you have?

TysonRoux

Executive Member

Muslim militants have beheaded 10 villagers, women and children among them, in northern Mozambique, raising fears that Islamist extremists are gaining a new foothold in Africa.

Sunday’s attack on the village of Mojane, news of which only filtered out on Tuesday, represented the worst atrocity in a seven-month insurgency by a shadowy group calling itself Ansar al-Sunna.

Two children and four women were among those beheaded in the pre-dawn raid in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique’s most northerly province, government officials said.

Emerging silently from the forest, the men gave the villagers no opportunity to raise the alarm. Working methodically and with ruthless speed, they had disappeared long before the security forces arrived.

Mozambique, a mostly Catholic country, has a substantial Muslim minority but had little experience of Islamist extremism until militants attacked a police station and military post in October.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Mozambique, a mostly Catholic country, has a substantial Muslim minority but had little experience of Islamist extremism until militants attacked a police station and military post in October.
Oh PLEASE

FRELIMO were quite capable of killing priests and destroying churches
Why not have a look at what happened during -- "liberation"

In my last post I mentioned that Christians in Mozambique were persecuted severely for many years. Here is the sad story in a nutshell, as told primarily by Peter Hammond, whose evangelistic travels to Mozambique, led him to establish the Mission of Frontline Fellowship. In 1975, Mozambique, which had been an overseas province of Portugal for 470 years, was abandoned by the Portuguese. Marxist revolutionaries, known as FRELIMO, then took control of the country, without providing a referendum or an opportunity for elections. Their leader, Samora Machel, imposed a harsh Marxist dictatorship of the proletariat upon Mozambique. Nearly everything was nationalized, including educational institutions, hospitals, businesses, industries, agriculture, and commerce. Property was confiscated. Tourism was basically shut down. Skilled Portuguese settlers fled the country, including 80 per cent of the physicians within one year.

Samora Machel and his Marxist protégés declared war on the church. Thousands of churches in Mozambique were confiscated, closed, or burned down. Missionaries were expelled or imprisoned. Evangelism was forbidden Bibles were burned. Thousands of Christians, including many pastors, were shipped to concentrations camps, never to be seen again.

The Church’s Sufferings in Mozambique

Islamic terrorists = TEN

FRELIMO = THOUSANDS

IF I was bothered I would go and find the photos of the DESTROYED CATHOLIC churches in Mozambique !

I am regularly appalled at the lack of knowledge of parochial / close minded South Africans WHO .. know NOTHING about their history or the history of Southern Africa

Suspect99

Executive Member

Muslim militants have beheaded 10 villagers, women and children among them, in northern Mozambique, raising fears that Islamist extremists are gaining a new foothold in Africa.

Sunday’s attack on the village of Mojane, news of which only filtered out on Tuesday, represented the worst atrocity in a seven-month insurgency by a shadowy group calling itself Ansar al-Sunna.

Two children and four women were among those beheaded in the pre-dawn raid in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique’s most northerly province, government officials said.

Emerging silently from the forest, the men gave the villagers no opportunity to raise the alarm. Working methodically and with ruthless speed, they had disappeared long before the security forces arrived.

Why'd you post an article from May 2018?

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Oh PLEASE

FRELIMO were quite capable of killing priests and destroying churches
Why not have a look at what happened during -- "liberation"

In my last post I mentioned that Christians in Mozambique were persecuted severely for many years. Here is the sad story in a nutshell, as told primarily by Peter Hammond, whose evangelistic travels to Mozambique, led him to establish the Mission of Frontline Fellowship. In 1975, Mozambique, which had been an overseas province of Portugal for 470 years, was abandoned by the Portuguese. Marxist revolutionaries, known as FRELIMO, then took control of the country, without providing a referendum or an opportunity for elections. Their leader, Samora Machel, imposed a harsh Marxist dictatorship of the proletariat upon Mozambique. Nearly everything was nationalized, including educational institutions, hospitals, businesses, industries, agriculture, and commerce. Property was confiscated. Tourism was basically shut down. Skilled Portuguese settlers fled the country, including 80 per cent of the physicians within one year.

Samora Machel and his Marxist protégés declared war on the church. Thousands of churches in Mozambique were confiscated, closed, or burned down. Missionaries were expelled or imprisoned. Evangelism was forbidden Bibles were burned. Thousands of Christians, including many pastors, were shipped to concentrations camps, never to be seen again.

The Church’s Sufferings in Mozambique

Islamic terrorists = TEN

FRELIMO = THOUSANDS

IF I was bothered I would go and find the photos of the DESTROYED CATHOLIC churches in Mozambique !

I am regularly appalled at the lack of knowledge of parochial / close minded South Africans WHO .. know NOTHING about their history or the history of Southern Africa
And I am equally appaled by the complete lack of knowledge and understanding of the damage that missions, missionaries and the Catholic Church inflicted upon the native peoples of many African countries under colonial rule and law, and still do in numerous places around Africa.

The Church and missionaries were not and are not innocent parties in the suppression and subjugation of Africans either historically nor presently.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
And I am equally appaled by the complete lack of knowledge and understanding of the damage that missions, missionaries and the Catholic Church inflicted upon the native peoples of many African countries under colonial rule and law, and still do in numerous places around Africa.

The Church and missionaries were not and are not innocent parties in the suppression and subjugation of Africans either historically nor presently.
NEVER said they were ...........
I am not a Catholic and hold no brief for the Catholic church
Just trying to provide some background
I do however believe that talking about "missionaries" and African countries is akin to the -- "Colonialism-tweet"
Sure to upset the -- touchy-feelies

HOW is it that the Marxist Communists get a free pass ?

I at least provided a link to back up my post -- WHAT did you provide ?

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Wwweeelll
Here we go -- OTHERS -- slowly catching up ....

Russia’s shadow presence in Africa: Wagner group mercenaries in at least 20 countries aim to turn continent into strategic hub

The “godfather” and funder of Wagner Group is Yevgeny Prigozhin, a St Petersburg-based oligarch known as “Putin’s chef” who has led Russia’s push into Africa over the past three years, moving into a vacuum left in part by the United States’ waning interest in the continent.

Russia is now the largest supplier of weapons to Africa; it has military co-operation agreements and deals for military and police training with more than half of African nations; and a series of nuclear technology deals with Egypt, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda and Zambia.

Advance into Africa — an audit of Russia’s growing economic and military footprint on the continent

The “godfather” and funder of Wagner is Yevgeny Prigozhin, a St Petersburg- based oligarch known as “Putin’s chef” who has clandestinely led Russia’s push into Africa over at least the past three years. Wagner functions as an undeclared branch of the Russian military.

Daruk

Honorary Master

Next you're going to say that church is un african and africans should have nothing to do with it.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Next you're going to say that church is un african and africans should have nothing to do with it.
If they, like so many others had a little more sense of self, they would have nothing to do with it.
Spewing lies and falsehoods, pulling the wool over peoples eyes for generations.
Africans need to wake up and stop being conned by them

Daruk

Honorary Master
If they, like so many others had a little more sense of self, they would have nothing to do with it.
Spewing lies and falsehoods, pulling the wool over peoples eyes for generations.
My man, if you had any idea of the value of freedom of choice, you would lay off telling people what they should and shouldn't believe.
So tell us your view on colonialism and western ideologies. Are you a science must fall pundit?

schumi

Honorary Master
Growing terrorism in Mozambique, with suspected links to ISIS, wreaking havoc with no end in sight

Ongoing attacks by a terrorist organisation with possible links to ISIS in Cabo Delgado, the northernmost province of Mozambique, has left behind a trail of destruction with no end in sight, which could have an impact on South Africa if left unchecked.

Cabo Delgado is made up of mostly sleepy, small villages populated by subsistence farmers who also fish its coastline.

Now, however, those villages are mostly deserted.

This year, more than 600 people were reportedly killed, while this month has seen 17 attacks from the unknown terrorist group, the most recent occurring on Tuesday.

While not much is known about the group, the attacks have been happening for the past two years.

It is alleged the Islamic State (ISIS) group has claimed responsibility for 26 attacks.

It has left behind a trail of mutilated bodies - beheaded, disfigured and dismembered - of men, women and children, as well as burned and deserted villages..
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/growing-terrorism-in-mozambique-with-suspected-links-to-isis-wreaking-havoc-with-no-end-in-sight-20191219

Okty

Expert Member
/tinfoil hat

So, maybe these Russian arm dealers are pulling a CIA move and arming these terrorist in the hope of selling a lot of munitions and services to the Mozambique government (and maybe surrounding nations)?

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
My man, if you had any idea of the value of freedom of choice, you would lay off telling people what they should and shouldn't believe.
So tell us your view on colonialism and western ideologies. Are you a science must fall pundit?
Telling people what they should or shouldnt believe ? Really
How about wanting people to actually exercise that freedom of choice to wake up and stop listening to and following organisations that are essentially just mouthpiece's for cultural imperialism.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Ah the sweet smell of self-righteousness is ripe with this one.

Let people decide for themselves what they want. Freedom of religion/association and all that. You acting like some kind of saviour as if people can't think for themselves, well we know where that leads don't we.......

Sollie

Executive Member
How about wanting people to actually exercise that freedom of choice to wake up and stop listening to and following organisations that are essentially just mouthpiece's for cultural imperialism.
Let's look at what you're were saying:

In other words, if you believe in something, you have no sense of the self. That is your view ...

So you're saying "I have all the answers and you're all stupid, so was everybody that lived for generations".

Nice, sowing dissent due to people's beliefs, telling them they are conned?

I'm not a Muslim, yet I will never disparage a Muslim. Ditto Christians, Hindus, ...
That is respecting people's rights. I will (and have) respected people's religions, not because I believe in or like their religion, but because I respect them.

You claim to do the same, yet going off slanting people in a rather narcissistic attack not believing as you do. May I suggest a bit of introspection?

Obviously extremism is a different creature and discussion.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Now your arrogance is just showing. You think patronising people who make their own choices makes you look clever? You think you have the answers to life's biggest questions? If only everyone listened to you, there would be peace on earth? Sounds to me like you're peddling a cult there.

Last edited:

Sollie

Executive Member
Now your arrogance is just showing. You think patronising people who make their own choices makes you look clever? You think you have the answers to life's biggest questions? If only everyone listened to you, there would be peace on earth?
Snap! The emperor has no clothes ...

Let's just park this here ... ;)

schumi

Honorary Master
Mozambique insurgents stage second major attack in three days
‘Many people are fleeing by boat, trying to escape to the (provincial) capital Pemba,’ 60km away by sea, a journalist there said.

Suspected jihadists on Wednesday staged a second brazen attack in northern Mozambique in three days, seizing and destroying a police station, sources said.
On Monday the jihadists surrounded Mocimboa da Praia, a town in the gas-rich province of Cabo Delgado, attacking a military base, ransacking government buildings and hoisting their flag before pulling back.
At dawn on Wednesday, they raided the town of Quissanga, a police officer in Macomia, around 50km (30 miles) away, told AFP.
“In 20 minutes or so the police surrendered and they (the Islamists) captured the district police headquarters and destroyed it,” the sources said.

A photograph seen by AFP showed eight masked and camouflaged fighters, armed with rifles and rocket-propelled grenades, posing in front of the partly burned offices.

One of them hoisted a black-and-white flag with Arabic inscriptions on it.
More at: