• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Suspects on trial for murder and rape of Hannah Cornelius

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I assumed it was white on white. I have read again between the lines and it appears the child is black.
Still a disgusting crime and perhaps he was motivated racially(?), thinking he could get away with this crime.

I dont discriminate.
I will agree that Hannah's appearance may have played a role in the rape but not because she was white but because she was very attractive.

However, the initial robbery and attack was one of opportunity. These things also attacked another women and robbed her. They were out looking for trouble and took targets of opportunity/easy targets.

The Dros rape was another one of opportunity. According to articles alcohol and possibly drugs were involved - as they were with the four that attacked Hannah - and this likely resulted in the Dros rapist losing self-control and acting on his urges.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
I went and re-read your posts in the dros thread and you did ask if it was white-white and didn't seem to get a response I could find based on quickly scrolling through the posts.

What I find hard to believe is that you can post good sources of rape information about race and what-not, yet be so ignorant in that thread when many sources indicated it was white on black? How did you miss all that?

jack_spratt

I went and re-read your posts in the dros thread and you did ask if it was white-white and didn't seem to get a response I could find based on quickly scrolling through the posts.

What I find hard to believe is that you can post good sources of rape information about race and what-not, yet be so ignorant in that thread when many sources indicated it was white on black? How did you miss all that?
I am not sure how I missed it actually. :unsure:

The articles did not say outright the child was black (obviously). But I read a recent Dros article and it says the victims family is from Mamelodi, so that kind of settles it.

Black twitter got involved so that is a good indicator, considering they only take on "white on black" "cases".

But the possible racial element to the Dros crime cannot be ignored.
The perp might have targeted the child because she was black, perhaps he thought she was poorer and more neglected as a result,and therefore would not be missed? A sterotype yes, but poorer kids get targeted more than richer kids.

R13...

Honorary Master
But the possible racial element to the Dros crime cannot be ignored.
The perp might have targeted the child because she was black, perhaps he thought she was poorer and more neglected as a result,and therefore would not be missed? A sterotype yes, but poorer kids get targeted more than richer kids.
Poor people can't afford to eat out at Dros.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Some blacks are poor.

The black middle class is larger then the entire white population in SA.

Many black millionaire, multi-millinoaires, and billionaires reside in SA.
But when someone else makes a generalisation based in fact that poor people cannot afford to eat at Dros, you wouldn't know? You are very selective in your fact finding.

schumi

Honorary Master
Hannah Cornelius' friend testifies about the night she was raped and murdered

The last thing Cheslin Marsh remembers about the night his friend, Hannah Cornelius, was raped and murdered was his attackers forcing him to lay his head on a brick in a "bushy" area before losing consciousness, the Western Cape High Court heard on Thursday.
"I just closed my eyes and started praying," the 22-year-old said. He would only regain consciousness the next afternoon.
Marsh testified in the trial of Vernon Witbooi, Geraldo Parsons, Eben van Niekerk and Nashville Julies who have been charged with Cornelius' murder.
On May 26, 2017, the accused spotted Cornelius and Marsh in her blue Volkswagen Golf parked on Bird Street in Stellenbosch where they allegedly hijacked the car and forced Marsh into the boot.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...the-night-she-was-raped-and-murdered-20181011

schumi

Honorary Master
WATCH: CCTV footage shows kidnapping of Hannah Cornelius and friend

Two men captured on CCTV footage at a Stellenbosch petrol station, recorded on the night of Hannah Cornelius' murder, were identified by her friend Cheslin Marsh in the Western Cape High Court on Thursday.
The first video clip allegedly shows Vernon Witbooi, as identified by Marsh, walking into the petrol station to use the ATM at 04:00 on May 26, 2017.
Marsh and Cornelius were sitting in her parked VW Citi Golf when they were allegedly hijacked by Witbooi, Parsons and Van Niekerk.
Both Stellenbosch University students were robbed of their cellphones and bank cards before Marsh was stuffed into the boot.
A second clip allegedly shows Witbooi returning to the ATM with someone who appears to be Geraldo Parsons at 13:12.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...pping-of-hannah-cornelius-and-friend-20181011

Yet most of the black middle class in South Africa are about 3 paychecks away from poverty according to Sanlam.
You seem to have a massive racist chip on your shoulder, thats why you wont ever uplift yourself.

Using terms like us blacks/them whites clearly defines you as a racist. A normal sound minded person will refer to everyone. Racists bigots specifies the race they referring to.

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
  2. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Hey but dont let that stand in your way.