Suspects on trial for murder and rape of Hannah Cornelius

Sensorei

Expert Member
You seem to have a massive racist chip on your shoulder, thats why you wont ever uplift yourself.

Using terms like us blacks/them whites clearly defines you as a racist. A normal sound minded person will refer to everyone. Racists bigots specifies the race they referring to.

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
  2. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Hey but dont let that stand in your way.
Haha. All I did was repeat a statement from Sanlam which was about the black middle class, mention no opinion of my own on any race agenda, yet the overly sensitive libtard smurf knows I am a racist.

It's people like you that make it impossible for people to calmly discuss anything to do with fixing the racial division in our country because in 2018 feelings are more important than facts.
trgrgd.jpeg

animehero

Expert Member
After yesterday's testimony, I assume the court is back on a different date? Or is this a Monday to Friday thing like the Oscar trial?

Edit: asking because I get most of my news here

schumi

Honorary Master
Stellenbosch cop recounts dramatic chase that led to arrest of Hannah Cornelius murder suspect

Stellenbosch cop recounts dramatic chase that led to arrest of Hannah Cornelius murder suspect
A Stellenbosch police sergeant on Monday recounted a dramatic chase through a local farm that resulted in the arrest of one of the men accused of the brutal rape and murder of student Hannah Cornelius.
Sergeant Clifton Adams was on duty on May 27 last year when he became aware of a hijacked blue Citi Golf being pursued in the student town early that afternoon, he testified in the Western Cape High Court.

He and his partner spotted the car and gave chase, joining a convoy which had already been chasing the car as it headed toward the Devon Valley Road, eventually coming to a stop at Dwars-in-die-Weg Farm.

CCTV footage showed officers, including Adams, jumping out of their vehicles and chasing after two suspects who deserted the stolen car inside the venue and fled in different directions.

More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...t-of-hannah-cornelius-murder-suspect-20181015

schumi

Honorary Master
Hannah Cornelius killed by rock dropped on her head‚ says pathologist

When Conrad Booysen and Flippie Matthee placed a massive rock over a borehole‚ they were unintentionally setting down the weapon which would be used to end Hannah Cornelius’s life.
The two men testified on Tuesday in the high court in Cape Town how they went to fix a borehole pump on Groenhoek farm near Stellenbosch on the afternoon of Friday‚ May 26‚ 2017.
After they removed a pump in need of repair from deep beneath the earth‚ they placed a rock over the hole. The rock was so large that the 54-year-old Booysen could not pick it up. His younger colleague Matthee‚ 32‚ said he manhandled the “hefty” rock into place.
“Sometimes the farm kids will throw rubbish down the hole‚” said Matthee.
As the two workers left for home before 5pm‚ Stellenbosch University students Cornelius and Cheslin Marsh were hours away from meeting each other for the last time.
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...by-rock-dropped-on-her-head-says-pathologist/

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Sergeant Jerome Timmy testified that his labrador Ethan, trained at police dog school to detect bodily fluids and semen, had led him to condoms and condom wrappers at the scene where Hannah was found.
To me, this is bizarre. You violently assault two people, attempting to kill and indeed killing one of them but you rape ''responsibly''?

R13...

Honorary Master
To me, this is bizarre. You violently assault two people, attempting to kill and indeed killing one of them but you rape ''responsibly''?
A lot of rapists use condoms to
1. Avoid leaving dna evidence
2. Possibly avoid picking up something in the process of the rape

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Self preservation. If the rapist doesn't have anything, it wouldn't be strange that they don't want to catch anything.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
A lot of rapists use condoms to
1. Avoid leaving dna evidence
2. Possibly avoid picking up something in the process of the rape
I understand why they would do that, but in the greater scheme of things what's the point? Aside from leaving the evidence behind, 6 lives were flushed down the toilet. But hey, 25-years to life with no STIs. Well, STI free until your fellow inmates get a hold of you.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I understand why they would do that, but in the greater scheme of things what's the point? Aside from leaving the evidence behind, 6 lives were flushed down the toilet. But hey, 25-years to life with no STIs. Well, STI free until your fellow inmates get a hold of you.
Because they don't think they will be caught, obviously.

I wonder how many crimes they got away with successfully :unsure:

ForceFate

Honorary Master

I wonder how many crimes they got away with successfully :unsure:
This^^^

No criminal goes to "work" thinking they'd be caught. Look at the meticulous planning that goes into some of the crimes committed.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Then you wouldn't leave used condoms behind containing your DNA.

This^^^

No criminal goes to "work" thinking they'd be caught. Look at the meticulous planning that goes into some of the crimes committed.
Then you wouldn't leave used condoms behind containing your DNA, nor the wrappers you have handled.

schumi

Honorary Master
Thumb print on condom linked suspect to Hannah Cornelius rape, murder, court hears

A thumb print on the packet of a government-issued condom was linked to one of the four people accused of the rape and murder of Stellenbosch student Hannah Cornelius, the Western Cape High Court heard on Tuesday.

This was the testimony of police Captain Jan Bester who did the final analysis of the single thumb print found on a condom packet found in the aftermath the murder of Cornelius, 21, and the brutal attack on her friend Cheslin Marsh, 22.

The two were ambushed while they were chatting in her VW Golf in the early hours of Saturday May 27, 2017.

They had spent Friday night with friends at various popular hangouts in the town.

He had walked her home because it was late and planned on long-boarding back to his flat. She insisted on driving him home in her car afterwards.

Marsh has testified how he and Cornelius were attacked while they chatted in the car in Bird Street, Stellenbosch.

He was put in the boot and the group drove off with them. He survived the ordeal but has permanent hearing loss in one ear after being beaten severely.

Cornelius' body was found later on Saturday morning near a borehole on a farm outside Stellenbosch by two technicians who had come back to finish repairs.

State pathologist Dr Deidre Abrahams testified that Cornelius most probably died quickly after two blows to the head which fractured her skull and tore her brain.

She had also been raped, and was stabbed in the neck.

More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ah-cornelius-rape-murder-court-hears-20181016