Suzuki Swift SE 1.4 - Go for it?

SmellyCelly

I am tempted to buy the Suzuki Swift SE 1.4 - brand new 2013 edition for R160,000 all inclusive. Good deal?

srothman

Expert Member
Awesome little cars. I had a 1.5 about two years ago, so can't speak to this specific model, but it was a lot of fun to drive when it came to urban driving. Felt like driving a go-cart :) All-in-all well worth the money, although the lack of a boot might make it tricky to haul anything bigger than a a case of beer. At R160 000 it isn't bad for that car, considering the advertised price is closer to R175 000. Simple and solid, and the build quality was exceptional.

SmellyCelly

Awesome little cars. I had a 1.5 about two years ago, so can't speak to this specific model, but it was a lot of fun to drive when it came to urban driving. Felt like driving a go-cart :) All-in-all well worth the money, although the lack of a boot might make it tricky to haul anything bigger than a a case of beer. At R160 000 it isn't bad for that car, considering the advertised price is closer to R175 000. Simple and solid, and the build quality was exceptional.
Thank you! I am so excited :)

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I am tempted to buy the Suzuki Swift SE 1.4 - brand new 2013 edition for R160,000 all inclusive. Good deal?
Great cars. I have much respect for the new range of Suzuki cars. Generally theyre the best bang for your buck at that price range.

jouda

Expert Member
I am tempted to get myself a Jimny, hows the after-sale service?

Ianf1

Expert Member
Some of the Suzuki's only give a aerosol can for punctures and no spare wheel, just check that out.

srothman

Expert Member
I am tempted to get myself a Jimny, hows the after-sale service?
Again, I can only speak for myself, but I never had any issue.
As with any brand, it will come down to the individual dealership.

crackersa

Honorary Master
I got the 2011 model, with the push button start. absolutely love the car! only downside is the boot size. if you have a little one or planning on having one, this is not the car to get as it won't even fit a pram in there.

the plus on the car:
great mileage
nice little pickup speed for a 1.4l
awesome cornering (has a short wheelbase)
push button start
really roomy in the front side (screw the back passangers if you ever have any)
engine sounds great when you race it

some of the no's:
small boot
don't use the windshield washer fluid with your front windows down unless you don't mind getting wet
small backseat area
radio is "meh", would rather be able to get a touch screen

Brawler

Executive Member
What about parts in SA? Only reason I ask is Suzuki isn't so popular / don't see too many around. Edit: Also aren't they brought in through McCarthy or similar and not officially Suzuki?

Type RSA

Expert Member
It is a great lil car and is Japanese. So will last forever :) I love the look of em. Looks nice and sporty. Sure you will not have any issues with parts.

crackersa

Honorary Master
What about parts in SA? Only reason I ask is Suzuki isn't so popular / don't see too many around. Edit: Also aren't they brought in through McCarthy or similar and not officially Suzuki?
mine was re-ended after being only 2 weeks old. R110k worth of damage, took about 6 weeks to get the parts and then another month for the panel beater. parts are expensive on the swift. a new steering well 2 years ago was R7,000 and that doesn't include fitting it.

i'm sure you can get a better car for the cost but it won't be the same as the swift. I can beat the those new little audi's, most 1.6l (stock) like fiesta, clio's and such.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Liking the look of this Swift Sport in this shade of blue.

Pity the new gen model had no 3-door option like the old model. Would look even sportier 3-doors.

Next gen will prob ditch the N/A engine for a Turbo motor the way things are going.

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband Tapatalk1407418015.066033.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband Tapatalk1407418023.619327.jpg