swazi.net port 25 filtering?

StoneyHill

Hi,

I recently travelled to Swaziland and was unable to send mail via our internal server based back in SA. I was getting timeout errors. I access our smtp server on port 25. Does anyone know if Swaziland Telecom (swazi.net) implements any filtering on port 25?

Thanks.

sicelo.m

i know it's a whole year later, but for everyone's information, no, there is no such filtering. however, while working for a company in Swaziland, we did have about 1 to 2 weeks of "accidental" blockage of this port. It was subsequently fixed and everything worked normally. (I'm originally from Swaziland:))

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
i know it's a whole year later, but for everyone's information, no, there is no such filtering. however, while working for a company in Swaziland, we did have about 1 to 2 weeks of "accidental" blockage of this port. It was subsequently fixed and everything worked normally. (I'm originally from Swaziland:))

Did you time this perfectly to screw with us?

Screenshot%202015-03-17%2015.51.52.png

sicelo.m

Hehe, I noticed that immediately after saving the post. Curious coincidence.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Def screwing with us. This guy has been waiting a year to say this!

neoassasin

Scary place that Swaziland.

Thor

Honorary Master
This thread must go down in the hall of fame