Synology DS220j NAS review – Here's what our forum members say

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Synology DS220j NAS review – Here's what our forum members say

Synology’s range of network-attached storage (NAS) devices cover a wide variety of use cases — from reliable data backups for your small business to a home media server.

That is why, when MyBroadband recently received a batch of Synology DiskStation DS220j NAS units, we decided to give them to tech-savvy MyBroadband forum members to review.

This way we were able to get many different perspectives from people who used the devices in distinct ways, rather than just the views of a single journalist.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I thought about buying a NAS once but then I came to the conclusion that I don't really need one. Everything on my laptop is backed up to the cloud, I don't pirate any movies or series so a media server makes no sense, it's way too expensive to just be used as an NVR so I couldn't really find a use case, as much as I wanted to try a cool new piece of tech.

Thor

Honorary Master
In the spirit of being unbiased, have a look at Asustor, I own Synology, Asustor and Qnap.

For the price you pay, you will be hard-pressed to find anything that comes close with regards to the endless abilities that this unit has, given Synology’s DiskStation Manager.

mrlgm007

Synology and qnap are good , I own a DS416 runs well.
I wish that Synology would release the software for a price so that you can turn any old pc into a nas.