Synology NAS reviewers needed - You get to keep the device

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynicalFox

I would love to have the opportunity to review one of these units.

Possible scenarios I'd review around:
Personal use at home; with a focus on simplicity in setup and capabilities (like app support and what it can do for a home user).

I would also be able to test this in a business environment as the company I work at is looking to implement a better file storage and access system and wants to consider a NAS for a simpler but still secure setup or to see if such a solution would work.

I currently have 2 x 1TB drives but can get access to more and larger capacities.

mikef

Expert Member
If slots still available would be keen to try the Synology system - currently use Seagate and WD NAS devices - looking to find a better solution.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Very much so - please stick me on the list if it's possible :)

We are busy setting up networking and whatever else we can for our "pandemic pod" between our very local neighbours so this would be super helpful

Last edited:

JacquesR

I'd be keen to review the 220+. Current owner of a 218+, on which I'm running various Docker containers to automate home media download, indexing and viewing. So I'd be able to do a detailed comparison of these (relatively) entry-level units for performance in that use-case, as well as their VPN performance, Time Machine backup speed and general use as a user-friendly NAS. While I've done very few tech reviews, I've published extensively on more, erm, esoteric or abstract themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.