Synology NAS reviewers needed - You get to keep the device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm maybe try :

hmm, thx; but that* is another post? to this one**?...
* https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/synology-nas-giveaway-enter-here.1132309/
** https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...rs-needed-you-get-to-keep-the-device.1131965/

There is a great opportunity for someone with a HDD or two lying around and who are keen to review a NAS device.

We need reviewers for the Synology DS220+ and DS120j NAS devices.

We will send you the Synology unit (no HDDs included). What you need to do:
  • Install your own HDD in the device.
  • Test it out.
  • Write a short review about your experience and send it to us, with a few photos of your setup.
I could swear when I saw this the 1st time the 220+ was not in there?

Would love to review the 220+ vs the 220j

I have a DS220J running Plex + ZeroTier and played around with EMail/File servers as well as 3rd party application server such as Openproject that since been removed from 220j's. Have a full mixed environment with both Xbox and PlayStation as well as Windows and Linux PC's.

Can send device on once done, would just love to know how it fairs in a small office as the 220j failed in the workplace but is a rock solid solution for home use.

I could swear when I saw this the 1st time the 220+ was not in there?

Would love to review the 220+ vs the 220j

I have a DS220J running Plex + ZeroTier and played around with EMail/File servers as well as 3rd party application server such as Openproject that since been removed from 220j's. Have a full mixed environment with both Xbox and PlayStation as well as Windows and Linux PC's.

Can send device on once done, would just love to know how it fairs in a small office as the 220j failed in the workplace but is a rock solid solution for home use.
It was added yesterday from the look of it.

I have the 220+

It was added yesterday from the look of it.

I have the 220+
Cool.

We bought the 220J to replace Window's Server for Local/cloud file share in the office but it could not handle it. Boss don't wanna "waste" money in buying another one(220+). So I would just love to know if and how it would work cause I am pretty sure it can handle it. My thinking the 512Mb for 9 TB fs and 10 people = gambling on the wrong horse. 4 if not 8GB in the 220+ should work way better.

Please add me.

I have actually built a NAS in a PC case, 4x 1TB drives, 12GB RAM, and a 16GB flash drive for the OS.

Installed TrueNAS on it, but would love a more compact and energy-efficient device.

It is currently in a corporate environment for backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back