Tablets and LED screens already stolen from Gauteng school

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
WTF did you expect you bunch of idiots.
When NO1 can do it so can everybody else.
This is the message that is out there.
Now who will get the tender for the security systems that must be installed.

werfie

Expert Member
It always gets me how surprised they are when this happens. Shame, probably stole their brains a good while back as well.

Segg

Expert Member
TBH I'm surprised it took so long, if they can't even prevent desks and chairs being stolen, how on earth are they going to stop portable electronics from being pinched?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
TBH I'm surprised it took so long, if they can't even prevent desks and chairs being stolen, how on earth are they going to stop portable electronics from being pinched?

^ this

Recently I was at my old school. Things have changed for sure, there were lots of burglar bars and other security measures all over the show... Back in the days it wasn't needed.

Sad.

Necropolis

Executive Member
The the people doing the stealing will be involved in marches and protest action regarding the quality of education.

****ing idiots.

baasgene

It could literally be anyone, all of them are 'entitled' to a luxurious life, ain't that right NO1?

R13...

Honorary Master
At my high school they used to steal all the lights and plug points. All of them. Once they stole over a 100 sewing machines that were to be used in home economics or something.

Segg

Expert Member
The thing that concerns me the most is that this will not have any positive impact whatsoever unless there are good teachers, so far this just looks like another massive waste of taxpayers money to keep the children and parents happy

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Wow, the stupidity of our government and departments just gets more and more.
I bet it was a employee. And these will shortly appear on OLX, Gumtree or Junk Mail and I bet SAPS still won't follow that up.
Sad thing is IT'S MY FKING MONEY THEY THROWING AWAY!!!!!!!

zululami

Banned
My SO and I were in Alexandra township for a relative's function and these tablets are already in the streets... Everyone has it...

ttygt

News like this, makes me wonder if ISIS is onto something, with their public chopping off, of hands....

But, then, I have to also wonder how my SO would look like in a burka.

Segg

Expert Member
TBH I think this whole exercise is a sneaky way for the ANC to get some brownie points before next year's vote

skimread

Honorary Master
Sekhonyane said the department would strengthen security at the school and also install a high tech security system.
and the person who gets the contract will probably be a family member and the system will probably not work most the time.

Kids don't need tech, they need quality teachers. Without a blackboard and books and with tablets and the LED stolen, the kids will probably waste weeks of learning waiting for it to be replaced.

skimread

Honorary Master
TBH I think this whole exercise is a sneaky way for the ANC to get some brownie points before next year's vote
+1 the speed at which they introduced it surprised me. I would expect it to be introduced at the beginning of the year rather than in the middle suddenly with no plan or public discussion.