Taco Bell - in SA

MightyQuin

Not amused...
erm maybe.... Just call around, it can be a mission to find odd things like that here. I still can't find a butcher's in ssw that stocks sweetbreads. And real lard is impossible.

Winelands Pork, Kuilsriver. I buy there all the time. It is the real thing.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
La Belle road?

Yep. Across the road from Brights. Somewhere around there. Their pork has become ridiculously expensive, but they sell "varkvet" and "kaiings". I use it to make roosterkoek for the braai.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Starbucks is really expensive though. Not sure they'd be willing to price themselves appropriately for the South African market. I'd rather have something unique like Taco Bell - it's not like we struggle to find good coffee in SA. International House of Pancakes sounds much more fun than Starbucks, so I'd also take that over Starbucks.

My first choice would actually be a proper Subway rollout. I really, really liked their food while I was in London and it seemed much healthier than any other takeaway option.

Maybe you had a chicken sub?
:whistling:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/whats-in-subways-chicken-hint-maybe-only-50-chicken/

Lefty309

Too many people complain about Taco Bell not being authentic Mexican food. I mean yeah obviously but that's an irrelevant point. It's cheap food that tastes ****ing good and that's all that matters really. This country has a ton of burger and chicken franchises already. Taco Bell would be a fresh welcome.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Too many people complain about Taco Bell not being authentic Mexican food. I mean yeah obviously but that's an irrelevant point. It's cheap food that tastes ****ing good and that's all that matters really. This country has a ton of burger and chicken franchises already. Taco Bell would be a fresh welcome.
Great - keep the dream alive.

Don't forget to check back again next year.

Koosie

They must be waiting for the price of 3 ply toilet paper to drop before opening here.