Takealot’s war with Amazon here soon

Lol customers aren't going to benefit. Look at what's happening in the fibre space. Lots of companies consolidating and prices going up YoY.

The "marketplace" bs irritates me. My experience with third party sellers on any platform is horrible. Amazon 'S third party sellers are mostly junk in the US as well. Filtering through a million identical items with different prices but also the "shipping cost" trick is enough to drive anybody that actually has experience of this on Amazon nuts.

And it means we will mostly see the same products as we see with takealot.

I really really hope they have some mechanism of ordering from the global catalog and have them ship it to South Africa via their distribution channel . If not then there is no point.

Amazon is just going to buy out Takealot.

Takealot is of no value to them.

They are building their own supply chain, a clear declination of war, at least from Takealot's perspective.

Amazon likely couldn't care less. Their supply chain is superior and their pockets are far deeper than naspers.

Feels like a Takelot 2.0. All the same sellers on Takealot will sell on Amazon? Hope I'm wrong.

Amazon is just going to buy out Takealot.

Doubtful , Amazon's MO is to sell products at a loss till their competition can't survive and shut down, look at what happened when they wanted to start selling nappies in the US.

That said it's good for the consumers atleast in the very short term.

Nothing going to change much, for more than a few years, with Amazon here, we will just buy stuff we buying from Amazon overseas, locally.

Nothing going to change much, for more than a few years, with Amazon here, we will just buy stuff we buying from Amazon overseas, locally.
Doesn't matter.

Takealot gonna have some competition and will have to deal with their ridiculous pricing and 3rd party ripoffs.

The "marketplace" bs irritates me. My experience with third party sellers on any platform is horrible. Amazon 'S third party sellers are mostly junk in the US as well. Filtering through a million identical items with different prices but also the "shipping cost" trick is enough to drive anybody that actually has experience of this on Amazon nuts.

And it means we will mostly see the same products as we see with takealot.

I really really hope they have some mechanism of ordering from the global catalog and have them ship it to South Africa via their distribution channel . If not then there is no point.
Yes, with different sellers, Amazon charges a delivery fee PER seller - so if you buy three items from three different sellers, you pay three delivery fees. It can potentially add up to more than the price of the goods you want to purchase. I can't see them being successful here unless they consolidate shipments into one shipment, for one delivery fee.

Feels like a Takelot 2.0. All the same sellers on Takealot will sell on Amazon? Hope I'm wrong.
I would actually be happy with that, as long as there was only one delivery fee per order. Lately Takealot's service has become a joke - four orders placed recently, with totally wrong items packed into two of them (both subsequently cancelled due to no stock), and an item cancelled in one (again, no stock). Whoever updates their website stock needs to be replaced. Previous few orders had items stolen from seller packaging and endless items that did not work. Their customer service is also a joke - all responses seem copy pasted from some generic document.

Back