Takealot competitor Everyshop launches

eg2505

Honorary Master
At least they have a telephone number pissed off customers who were delivered a drum set instead of a TV can call unlike Fakealot.
dont worry they will take that off soon enough,
from taketoomuch.

DearHeart

Expert Member
The returns policy is the deal breaker for me, Takealot grants 30 days vs 14 here and they don't care if the packaging has been opened or not.

Juice

Expert Member
Sigh. So close, but no cigar. Maybe they'll trap the uninformed or the rebelious. EveryshOp is part of the Steinhoff/PepKor/JD group, which includes old stalwarths like Incredible Connection and HiFi Corporation. This isn't so much a "competitor" as an attempt to quarter the electronics market to gain market share.

As for pricing, meh. Some things are greatly discounted to attract interest. If you want those things, go ahead and capitalise. If you want anything else, shop around as always. Some items that are NOT on special are significantly more expensive than Takealot and Raru. Case in point:

1615273080274.png

1615273119376.png

1615273330391.png

Sadly, not a lot to see here, consumers. As you were...

Thor

Honorary Master
Did they build this over a weekend?

It’s a standard magento shop and template

Say what you want about Takealot, they have spent a tremendous amount on UX, far better interface than most e-commerce sites, certainly way better than Amazon for example.

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
Having experienced Incredible's online shopping experience and being part of Steinhoff this will ultimately fail. Sorry. Takealot succeeded because it was already a popular online shop (Take2) and was scaled using a massive investment.

Last edited:

Hare

please clarify
Free delivery for items over R450-00 with the exception of ... DIY... Sport equipment...
I order a electrical screwdriver which is smaller that a 2L Coke but falls in the DIY category
Is the transport free or cost a extra R300-00?

I order a R2500-00 cricket bat, is the transport free or will I have to pay R200-00 extra?

everyshop.PNG

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
If they dont better or at the very least match takealot in every aspect, UX, price, returns, choice, then i wont even bother opening their site again

Sledgehammer67

Some competition never hurts - have they got the endurance to really challenge Takealot remains to be seen as it will 'take-a-lot' to that and they better have the right perspectives in terms of how they are going to run this business as a bricks-and-mortar business is one thing. However, an online business is now a whole different kettle of fish.

Everything said and done I wish them good luck and success...

mister

Executive Member
Too lazy to look, but I wonder if they have a good search engine, unlike takeadump.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Did they build this over a weekend?

Say what you want about Takealot, they have spent a tremendous amount on UX, far better interface than most e-commerce sites, certainly way better than Amazon for example.
and probably got charged 100k+ for it