Takealot details huge Black Friday 2018 sale - Over 10,000 deals at up to 60% off

Dan C

Honorary Master
If they can sort out their delivery, I may consider ordering from them again.

3WA

Executive Member
This is the first article that mentioned when Black Friday is. There was so much hype last week that I thought it was last Friday. I avoided the grocery stores and now I don't have any food and have been eating KFC and burritos for the past five days.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
This is the first article that mentioned when Black Friday is. There was so much hype last week that I thought it was last Friday. I avoided the grocery stores and now I don't have any food and have been eating KFC and burritos for the past five days.
:ROFL:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Racist.
Black Friday is no reason to avoid the shops.

Swa

Honorary Master
Bah, they don't even have the MSI RX 580 MK2. It's still only the old models they're trying to get rid of at a "discount."

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Next year it will be on 29 November :D

dj2381

Expert Member
These guys are a joke, I was looking for a nutribullet 3 days ago, the regular price for the 600w model was R1699, yesterday and today the "Special" price is R1749, apparently 12% off their list price of R1999, so what was the R1699 pricing then? :ROFL: The only time I would shop there is when I have enough Ebucks so I pay little to nothing, bunch of crooks.

ekske1

Executive Member

Azg

Expert Member
These guys are a joke, I was looking for a nutribullet 3 days ago, the regular price for the 600w model was R1699, yesterday and today the "Special" price is R1749, apparently 12% off their list price of R1999, so what was the R1699 pricing then? :ROFL: The only time I would shop there is when I have enough Ebucks so I pay little to nothing, bunch of crooks.
I compare their prices with other shops, not so much the quoted "discount".

dj2381

Expert Member
I compare their prices with other shops, not so much the quoted "discount".
The R1699 is pretty much the standard price for that item in most stores, that list price nonsense is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard in my life. From their T&C's:

"We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the Daily Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of Takealot."

"The List Price shown in respect of Daily Deals and other discounted Goods is the recommended retail price suggested to us by the supplier of the relevant product. Where the supplier has not provided a recommended retail price, an estimate may be provided. Where a product is offered for sale by a Third Party Seller, the List Price may be provided by the Third Party Seller."

How do you claim a discount if your prices might be estimated? lol