Takealot gets R960 million from Naspers

Are TakeAlot even profitable these days?

They just seem to be burning through cash at a rapid rate of knots atm.

I wonder how the R450 shipping thing has affected them - I know my wife hasn't ordered anything since - from what used to be almost weekly orders.

I wonder how the R450 shipping thing has affected them - I know my wife hasn't ordered anything since - from what used to be almost weekly orders.

They probably made nothing off your wife's orders then anyway.

Is this another 960 million or is this a repeat article?

Where is the money going? I haven't seen anything innovative from them in awhile...can't even point to where the last tranche went.

If this is subsidising running expenses, that's a risky investment - though I see Naspers is becoming the majority shareholder so it might just be going into someone's pocket in lieu of ownership.

I hope Takealot use this to boost their service. I ordered a cellphone on Saturday and paid by credit card. They had the phone in stock but only delivered on Thursday, so much for 3 working days delivery. I think it is part of their strategy to get customers to pay more for the "normal" delivery, which is fine but be upfront with that.

I hope Takealot use this to boost their service. I ordered a cellphone on Saturday and paid by credit card. They had the phone in stock but only delivered on Thursday, so much for 3 working days delivery. I think it is part of their strategy to get customers to pay more for the "normal" delivery, which is fine but be upfront with that.

Not sure this is the case. Last week I ordered something, paid normal delivery fee and it was delivered the next day.

Their loss - sometimes the orders were a high amount - sometimes not - now she doesn't bother checking the daily deals.

Are TakeAlot even profitable these days?

They just seem to be burning through cash at a rapid rate of knots atm.

^^ this

Investors just seem to be throwing money at them, not sure why. Feels like they are trying to stay the onslaught of the big international online stores.

I would love to know what their shareholding is now. It would give us a good idea of their current valuation.

South African media companies are really terrible at reporting on tech VC stories. Valuation is the key part of this story, but it has been missed entirely

Still order from them twice a week. Delivery arrives the next day. No complaints here, and certainly no behavior change

Maybe they should spend some on their website...refuses to accept my password and the reset password at the moment.

:erm:

Buying thing son a whim makes up about 90% of my purchases online. Buying from them for the free shipping was a bonus I would use them instead of other places for roughly around 10 purchases a month. They made money ;) Other people now gets my money. But I'm not worse off without them...

I still use them. Ordered Horizon Zero Dawn from them yesterday just before 1pm, and they delivered it at 9:15am this morning.

I feel they improved since they stop R250. Orders are twice as fast or my work just doubled.

Back