Takealot opens 25 new collection points in South Africa

The Door

Honorary Master
You don’t think a better concentration of convenient pick up locations in the larger urban areas would encourage more people to use the system and buy more from that retailer?
When competing with Pargo and others... Probably not.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I used the N1 pick up last night - wow, really cool !

Do you think it's faster at all?

I ordered an HDMI cable and smart watch last Sunday. I chose the HDMI to go pick-up but the watch to go via normal delivery. The HDMI was available the next day (Monday) and collected already ... and the watch is only due tomorrow. If it's an urgent delivery or the inner millennial wants an order now, would the pick up and delivery take the same time?

I want to play with the watch and I'm thinking | should have done that collection too ...

Tman*

Expert Member
not sure if mentioned yet; why do I have to pay to use the collection point?

I was quite shocked to discover this, it really defeats the propose for me, specifically for smaller purchases.

Instead of buying something small, and paying for the collection Ill just delay purchase until I have R450 in my cart and check out with free delivery.

Jomi101

Awesome, the more the better. I was a huge Kalahari.com fan way back, but since Takealot took over they are my no 1 option when it comes to online purchases for sure. A word of caution, please stay away from LOOT, the name says it all. Dealt with them once and never again, just saying!!!

The Door

Honorary Master
not sure if mentioned yet; why do I have to pay to use the collection point?

I was quite shocked to discover this, it really defeats the propose for me, specifically for smaller purchases.

Instead of buying something small, and paying for the collection Ill just delay purchase until I have R450 in my cart and check out with free delivery.
It still needs to be delivered and that costs money?
The collection point is useful for people who work from their car or don't want delivery to an address that they might not be at when it happens.

The Door

Honorary Master
Awesome, the more the better. I was a huge Kalahari.com fan way back, but since Takealot took over they are my no 1 option when it comes to online purchases for sure. A word of caution, please stay away from LOOT, the name says it all. Dealt with them once and never again, just saying!!!
You haven't clearly had the typical Takealot "not in stock" response then. It happen.

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Hmm see there is one near me, will make use of it rather than delivery for large packages.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Used the Fourways one twice now for deliveries where I'm not sure where I'll be on the day. Works very well and also a cheap way to get something delivered on a Saturday :D

Jomi101

You haven't clearly had the typical Takealot "not in stock" response then. It happen.
Yup, have to admit I luckily haven't experienced it before after dealings with them for quite so time now. But that's part of the game sometimes, running out of stock, one sees it with many companies, isn't it??

Jomi101

Until you get a message telling you that your delivery is scheduled for today and you wait at the office until 6pm and nothing arrives. At least with the collection points, you know it's there when they say it is.
Had a good run with Takealot thus far but I hear your frustration for sure. Had a similar horrible experience with LOOT, hence I'm steering away from them, no doubt.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Until you get a message telling you that your delivery is scheduled for today and you wait at the office until 6pm and nothing arrives. At least with the collection points, you know it's there when they say it is.
That and I prefer using the N1 collection as my friends at work cannot tease me about how much and how often I spend with Takealot, since I started collecting from the "Big Bird" they have no evidence.

The fact that the Takealot Big Bird is open until 8pm on weekdays is also great when I'm working late and want to collect on the way home.

The N1S Big Bird fast food novelty has however worn off, and the N1N side is even less appealing where food is concerned.
I should not be revealing my secrets, however you can buy yourself a voucher to make up the difference and use that on another purchase later.