Takealot to stay open during lockdown

battletoad

Expert Member
As for the sister companies, got an email blast from Superbalist that they're locked down. And a Mr D guy I got in the street says they're locked down too since restaurants are closed

saor

Honorary Master
Can I order my Rain antennae and will they deliver it?
“As an essential service provider, Takealot will remain open during lockdown to safely deliver essential goods as directed by the South African government.”

“We have temporarily disabled payment methods for all goods while we reconfigure our platform to remove the ability to purchase non-essentials.”

garp

Executive Member
“As an essential service provider, Takealot will remain open during lockdown to safely deliver essential goods as directed by the South African government.”

“We have temporarily disabled payment methods for all goods while we reconfigure our platform to remove the ability to purchase non-essentials.”
Yes, god help us if someone inadvertently orders a new coffee machine or toaster, or anything else not essential for survival on Takealot, the Politburo will not be amused. FFS.

Sephiroth96

Yes, god help us if someone inadvertently orders a new coffee machine or toaster, or anything else not essential for survival on Takealot, the Politburo will not be amused. FFS.
I don't think it is as much about it not being essentials, but more about not screwing over the competition. I mean it's not really fair if they are allowed to sell non-essentials but another shop has to close it doors because they don't sell any essentials.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
[

Aren't networks essential services?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
[

Aren't networks essential services?
The supply for essential business isn't closing. There are programs in place for providing critical equipment for critical services. If you are working from home for an essential services provider then organise networking equipment through them.

garp

Executive Member
I don't think it is as much about it not being essentials, but more about not screwing over the competition. I mean it's not really fair if they are allowed to sell non-essentials but another shop has to close it doors because they don't sell any essentials.
So because some shops won’t be allowed to trade, the whole of South Africa is not allowed to obtain any of the products they sell from any of the shops that will be trading? Makes perfect sense.

Because Builders Warehouse will be closed, everyone must be barred from buying any hardware/garden products from PnP or Checkers.

Because stationery shops are closed nobody can be allowed to buy stationery from the supermarket for their kids studies.

Because clothing shops are closed, I can’t buy a jersey when it gets cold from the clothing aisle. .

And so on...

Yes, I understand the communist logic but it sure is dumb.

Sephiroth96

So because some shops won’t be allowed to trade, the whole of South Africa is not allowed to obtain any of the products they sell from any of the shops that will be trading? Makes perfect sense.

Because Builders Warehouse will be closed, everyone must be barred from buying any hardware/garden products from PnP or Checkers.

Because stationery shops are closed nobody can be allowed to buy stationery from the supermarket for their kids studies.

Because clothing shops are closed, I can’t buy a jersey when it gets cold from the clothing aisle. .

And so on...

Yes, I understand the communist logic but it sure is dumb.
They also already made it clear they don't want anyone leaving their homes unnecessary. If they keep on selling these stuff people will just go to shop to buy stuff for DIY fixes.

garp

Executive Member
They also already made it clear they don't want anyone leaving their homes unnecessary. If they keep on selling these stuff people will just go to shop to buy stuff for DIY fixes.
Exactly. How dare citizens attempt to maintain their homes without government permission.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
The supply for essential business isn't closing. There are programs in place for providing critical equipment for critical services. If you are working from home for an essential services provider then organise networking equipment through them.
Hmm ... , I have a Huawei B618 LTE router, and US to EU plug adapters ordered Monday, that have status, "not ready".

Awesome.

So of to work I will go tomorrow morning, and the rest of our 21 day lock down.

wizardofid

Executive Member
The batteries I ordered for my neighbor is still moving, so far so good.

shipping.jpg

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Honestly the whole essential services thing is extremely confusing , my return valve on my gyeser failed, phoned a plumber who came trough , shut the gyeser off and said that's the best he can do as his their too busy and not allowed to do any repairs during the lockdown unless the problem is bad enough to stop someone from getting water entirely, as according to the goverment hot water is a luxury and just having water is good enough, which makes no sense as hot water is required for hygiene reasons and to properly wash and help stop the spread of corona virus....

So yea no hot water for me for 21 days ...