Takealot voucher coupon codes

Smokey mcpot

Yeah you clearly have enough money making so many purchases and just ruin it for everyone else.
Easy tiger... Don't estimate my finances based on take alot purchases. Did you consider that i use the discounts because i don't have alot of money to be paying full price.

Anyway for those who think im the reason it got cancelled... They only deactivated it because its not supposed to work with sale items.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Hahaha yew i did. Takes me all of a minute to create one. For this year i must have done around 1000 "new" purchases already lol
Easy tiger... Don't estimate my finances based on take alot purchases. Did you consider that i use the discounts because i don't have alot of money to be paying full price.

Anyway for those who think im the reason it got cancelled... They only deactivated it because its not supposed to work with sale items.
So R150 of R450 on 1000 minimum purchases = R300k spend for the year...

So you made R150k profit if resold at "normal" price.

Smokey mcpot

So R150 of R450 on 1000 minimum purchases = R300k spend for the year...
Yeah pretty much. Like i mentioned though in another thread. When the vouchers are available i purchase for friends and family as well.

Also shows you that even with vouchers they are still making alot of money with their overpriced goods.

Personally i buy alot of things which we use daily. Like all our toiletries, household cleaning goods, dog food etc get bought online. Its priced higher than the stores, but the convenience of not having to go into store plus the vouchers every now and then makes it worthwhile for me. So when vouchers come about i purchase alot of these in bulk for myself and the parents. The same time i inform my brothers and sister (5 kids) to do the same... And even friends. Due to my nature of work i have quite a bit of time on my hands during the day so everyone just places orders with me and i go ahead and purchase. So as per what happened yesterday you can see how i easily spend up to 10k per day on take alot by just buying regular needed items. Then when good deals come about on other things we'll buy those as well.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member

Nah bs most things bought through takealot are non essentials.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Yeah pretty much. Like i mentioned though in another thread. When the vouchers are available i purchase for friends and family as well.

Also shows you that even with vouchers they are still making alot of money with their overpriced goods.

Personally i buy alot of things which we use daily. Like all our toiletries, household cleaning goods, dog food etc get bought online. Its priced higher than the stores, but the convenience of not having to go into store plus the vouchers every now and then makes it worthwhile for me. So when vouchers come about i purchase alot of these in bulk for myself and the parents. The same time i inform my brothers and sister (5 kids) to do the same... And even friends. Due to my nature of work i have quite a bit of time on my hands during the day so everyone just places orders with me and i go ahead and purchase. So as per what happened yesterday you can see how i easily spend up to 10k per day on take alot by just buying regular needed items. Then when good deals come about on other things we'll buy those as well.
some people live on less than a third of that daily spend, c'mon bro you fronting a bit. Their vouchers are marketing budget mainly, takealot is not actually profitable yet.

Smokey mcpot

some people live on less than a third of that daily spend, c'mon bro you fronting a bit. Their vouchers are marketing budget mainly, takealot is not actually profitable yet.
Dude i used to work for the company. Where do you come on the BS that its not actually profitable lol.

Anyway we purchase dettol handwash, dettol body wash, dove soaps, oral b bulk packs of toothpaste... I can go on and on.
All their products are peiced higher than clicks and pick n pay. So my savings are not massive but i do score on the effort of going into stores.

So yeah... All essential items from ear buds, stationery, soaps to hair products. They have it all

joker08

Takealot should have restrictions in place if they dint want something like this happening in the first place. If someone takes advantage of the opportunity, good for him.
Several years ago, I had a friend in india who used Ebay rs150 codes for rs300 purchases. He himself became a seller and posted an item for rs300 and used to buy it using the code. So he used to buy his own item by paying rs150 but get paid around rs285 Ebay's cut.
Hundreds of sales using this method made him quite some money. Eventually they stopped giving that code.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Abuse by the few often spoil it for the many.... some people just can't be reasonable. Their greed is insatiable.

Say no more.

Like the people who download TB's per month just because they can.
Should be stopped imo.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Dude i used to work for the company. Where do you come on the BS that its not actually profitable lol.

Anyway we purchase dettol handwash, dettol body wash, dove soaps, oral b bulk packs of toothpaste... I can go on and on.
All their products are peiced higher than clicks and pick n pay. So my savings are not massive but i do score on the effort of going into stores.

So yeah... All essential items from ear buds, stationery, soaps to hair products. They have it all
dude one family doesn't use 10000 rand worth of essentials a month and if they do then they surely are far from struggling. bottom line is as I said before that you are exploiting the vouchers to the detriment of others.

And it is well known and published that they are not profitable, this is how huge start ups work, they have investors and build a brand and take time to become profitable.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Takealot should have restrictions in place if they dint want something like this happening in the first place. If someone takes advantage of the opportunity, good for him.
Several years ago, I had a friend in india who used Ebay rs150 codes for rs300 purchases. He himself became a seller and posted an item for rs300 and used to buy it using the code. So he used to buy his own item by paying rs150 but get paid around rs285 Ebay's cut.
Hundreds of sales using this method made him quite some money. Eventually they stopped giving that code.
so again greed affected everyone...

Toxxyc

Expert Member
And it is well known and published that they are not profitable, this is how huge start ups work, they have investors and build a brand and take time to become profitable.
How long would it be before they're profitable? They've been in business since 2002 as Take2.co.za, and since 2011 as TAKEALOT. When will they start being profitable then? It doesn't seem smart to run a non-profitable business for more than 17 years by now?