Takealot Vouchers (Begging) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzZzy

Executive Member
Won't accept the voucher code I got. Tried with all caps, with the "-" included, and without. Lame

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Got an email to adopt a trolley on Facebook. Did the adoption 2 minutes ago, have already received my sms

howardb

Expert Member
Many thanks for the voucher link; got my voucher last night via SMS within a few minutes and already used it for some new printer ink cartridges! :)

ichigo

Executive Member
Skynet Couriers which they use here are useless since they never answer their phones or even contact me via phone or sms to say when they are here or not or what time they coming as I can't wait the whole day for them.

Electric

Honorary Master
Skynet Couriers which they use here are useless since they never answer their phones or even contact me via phone or sms to say when they are here or not or what time they coming as I can't wait the whole day for them.
Huh?
Takealot normally call me on the day to request a time and then call me again when they are delivering.

Fyson

Had no problems with them But as skynet doesn't service my area it is instead delivered by ITT (Intertown Transport) They always passes my door between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. So their call to confirm is useless in my opinion as I always know when to expect it.

It helps if you have the same regular driver. We know each other quite well and he even delivers it to my house instead of work when on the very rare occasion that he was running late. But of the hundreds of parcels i've received and sent over the past couple of years, i've never had any cause to be mad at ITT.

Some fridays a nice lady would call to ask if it will be OK if delivery takes place at 2PM on Monday.
I graciously accept as I live in a rural area. I also know the courier WILL NOT be here at 2PM but rather 4-5PM.

They are forgetting the 5 hour drive and numerous stops along the way. But I guess that is what happens when one company phones you to tell what another is be doing.

But all in all, can't complain.

On a side note: Have anyone noticed how much quicker Loot delivery is when compared to Takealot and Kalahari?
I know Takealot fudge their courier numbers as it shows it as being delivered one day after SAPO. which is crazy since SAPO is ****.
They usually take around 3 days if it is in stock but shows as 2 week delivery time.
Loot shows as much quicker but i've yet to buy anything there. Will have a look.

ichigo

Executive Member
Huh?
Takealot normally call me on the day to request a time and then call me again when they are delivering.
Same, they call me in the morning to negotiate a time
Code:
01-Sep-2014 	16:33 	Order on its way 	
01-Sep-2014 	17:58 	Parcel scanned into the courier's depot 	
01-Sep-2014 	18:39 	Parcel is in transit from the courier's depot 	
03-Sep-2014 	07:03 	Parcel received in the courier's depot 	
04-Sep-2014 	07:49 	En Route for delivery
No call here Takealot just SMS saying it will be delivered today with no time or anything and my parcel was in the PMB depot for 2 days before it said it will be delivered.

The courier they use to use was 10 times better when I received my Wii U game on 11 June this year was with Fedex and they called me to make sure I was at home.

Code:
11-Jun-2014 	17:12 	Order on its way 	
11-Jun-2014 	18:57 	Parcel scanned into the courier's depot 	Parcel Received at JOHANNESBURG
11-Jun-2014 	19:17 	Parcel is in transit from the courier's depot 	Parcel sent from JOHANNESBURG to DURBAN
12-Jun-2014 	06:32 	Parcel received in the courier's depot 	Parcel Received at delivery location
12-Jun-2014 	07:05 	En Route for delivery 	Parcel sent out for delivery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.