Takealot Vouchers (Begging) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took the time to create a Superbalist voucher thread to remove the clutter from this thread which helps all of us... but some people are too dof to to understand forum etiquette.

Rant time.

Back in May when I did the Safari Half Marathon part of the goodie bag we got was a Takealot voucher for R100 off any purchase worth more than R250 - it expires 31 December 2015. I held onto it knowing it would come in handy one day.

Friday I sport a dialy deal that seems interesting, the Acer Z220 budget level smartphone. Normal price R1799, daily deal price R999. Knowing I would only pay R899 with my voucher I decided to go for it... but the site reject the voucher. I call takealot and get told they can't help me, I should email the voucher and error which I do. By this time the error I get is that vouchers have been disabled because I seem to messing around.

I write the whole shebang in an email and attach photo of the voucher and error I got. I also explain my intentions to buy the daily deal so time is kind of the essence here and if they do not respond timely I expect they make the deal available to me at the price I was going to pay since this is their error.

At 3pm I get a reply saying I should try now, the voucher feature has been enabled again for me. WTF, I reply asking them why they think I got the voucher error in the first place and tell them to find out what the hell is wrong with the one in the photo I sent.

Sunday, 4pm, my phone rings. I don't know the number so I don't answer. Phone rings again, annoyed I answer. It's Takealot, they made mistake with the printing of those voucher and I should look on the other side and use the code on the Superbalist side because the codes were printed on the wrong side. They would also like to inform me the phone is still on "special" as it sells for R1199 now saving me 30% off the original R1799.

I put the phone down. What an absolutely sh*t company they have become. In all the years I have used takealot and take2 I have never had such poor service. I doubt I will be making use of the voucher anyway - I do not want to buy from as***les like takealot.

Rant time.

Back in May when I did the Safari Half Marathon part of the goodie bag we got was a Takealot voucher for R100 off any purchase worth more than R250 - it expires 31 December 2015. I held onto it knowing it would come in handy one day.

Friday I sport a dialy deal that seems interesting, the Acer Z220 budget level smartphone. Normal price R1799, daily deal price R999. Knowing I would only pay R899 with my voucher I decided to go for it... but the site reject the voucher. I call takealot and get told they can't help me, I should email the voucher and error which I do. By this time the error I get is that vouchers have been disabled because I seem to messing around.

I write the whole shebang in an email and attach photo of the voucher and error I got. I also explain my intentions to buy the daily deal so time is kind of the essence here and if they do not respond timely I expect they make the deal available to me at the price I was going to pay since this is their error.

At 3pm I get a reply saying I should try now, the voucher feature has been enabled again for me. WTF, I reply asking them why they think I got the voucher error in the first place and tell them to find out what the hell is wrong with the one in the photo I sent.

Sunday, 4pm, my phone rings. I don't know the number so I don't answer. Phone rings again, annoyed I answer. It's Takealot, they made mistake with the printing of those voucher and I should look on the other side and use the code on the Superbalist side because the codes were printed on the wrong side. They would also like to inform me the phone is still on "special" as it sells for R1199 now saving me 30% off the original R1799.

I put the phone down. What an absolutely sh*t company they have become. In all the years I have used takealot and take2 I have never had such poor service. I doubt I will be making use of the voucher anyway - I do not want to buy from as***les like takealot.

Those printed vouchers...I found out the hard way by getting my account locked as well, that I need to add it under my account as a gift voucher instead of on check out. But yours may well be printed wrong way around too.

That said, still a shame to hear that story. Take2 used to be great.

I understand your frustration, but I would keep that voucher still. At least you know the correct code now.
There's 4 months to go, so I'm sure you'll find a daily deal that you'll be happy to spend the code on it.

That 1TB portable HD coming after my vouchers have been used up on frivolous stuff :-(

The thing is - I would have gladly used it if I knew it was the wrong way round. However the manner in which they handled this was absolutely unacceptable. Where in the past I was happy to buy from Takealot I will now make it my objective to tell everyone how pathetic their support is.

What I expected was :

1) when I called they should have told me to use the code on the other side
2) when I emailed they should have READ what I wrote and told me to use the code on the other side
3) they should have called me and told me to use the code on the other side and give me discount to pay the price I would have paid.

Then I would have been happy.

I have a "Valid until Sunday, 23 August 2015." coupon for "R50 off orders over R150 placed on the app."
Doubt it will still work but you're welcome to try... PM me...

There is no such thing as free money. In most cases just look on the other side because it is another print error from Takealot. What a retarded company.

So maybe a SPAM sms or call in my future, I'm okay with that.

And there is already software that takes care of that :)

TrueCaller works great.
With that there is a TrueMessenger as well, however SMS+ already works filtering out messages with certain key words in them. Eg. opt out is my #1 block filter.

So maybe a SPAM sms or call in my future, I'm okay with that.

They have never ever spammed me! Didn't you know for every transaction you do using their online card. They get a percentage from the merchant. If you do cash deposit - a fee etc. It's free money they given away cause if u like it then you will remain a valuable customer of theirs.

Have a R100 of R250 Takealot Voucher to give away.

Valid until: 31/08/2015

What is the 14th decimal of pi? Post in this thread; do not PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back