Takealot's Ultimate Checkout sale - Testing the deals

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Takealot's Ultimate Checkout sale - Testing the deals

Takealot is in the midst of its first The Ultimate Checkout sale, which it claims is positioned to perform a similar function to other global e-commerce sales such as Amazon's Prime Day and Alibaba's Singles Day.

“What makes The Ultimate Checkout different is that it is built on shopper behaviour and we are hoping to establish this as an annual event,” said Takealot Group CEO Kim Reid.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Not exciting. I don't believe their metric of 'most searched, most wish listed' etc - because honestly it is largely the same stuff that has been recycled through their daily deals for weeks.

And while there have been some decent discounts, most of them aren't really all that special.

So there is nothing to buy that I want, and the specials aren't enough to tempt me to buy stuff I don't want.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Yawn... meh... prices nothing special really ... PR marketing spin for same-old-same-old...

akescpt

Honorary Master
is it just outright contempt for their customers? or do people fall for the 'sales'?

Randux

Expert Member
This is South Africa people. Our government and corporates just want to fleece the population.

mr_norris

Expert Member
So they've seen the success of Amazon and Alibaba, and decided to try do the same without the one thing that makes them a success: the specials.

This **** isn't rocket science.

How much longer are we going to stretch out the Takelot articles? It's old now.

freematrix

So they've seen the success of Amazon and Alibaba, and decided to try do the same without the one thing that makes them a success: the specials.

This **** isn't rocket science.

How much longer are we going to stretch out the Takelot articles? It's old now.
As long as they stretch out Afrihost because they are mates.

gnomez

If you can't beat incredible connection then you know your deals are crap.
Exact same thought crossed my mind when i read the article :) Almost disappointed in Takealot, but wasn't expecting any better tbh.

Solitude

Expert Member
When they said they wanted to make this special similar to Amazon's Prime day thing I put some items in my wishlist, hoping for the best. Unfortunately none of the items went on worthwhile sales if at all. Still cheaper elsewhere.