Takedown of KickassTorrents good for other torrent sites’ traffic

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
Exactly, taking down KAT is like taking out poachers of Rhinos. The root cause is not being addressed, KAT just supplies the service for which there is a demand.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
No damn Sherlock! You don't say! I saw how terrible the others are and missed KAT even more... it drove me to set up Sonarr and Couchpotato again.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Extra Torrent is a poor replacement for KAT. It doesn't let you sort by seeds unless you pay $5 a month to be a VIP. I suspect the owners of the site are clinically retarded - their users are generally people with an extremely low propensity to spend money on digital goods and services. KAT made millions from advertising, so I don't get why Extra need to charge for a VIP service.

Fortunately I don't torrent much, and almost always for family and not myself. KAT going down doesn't affect me much.

Darksoul

No dummie the closing down of Rapidshare affected me in a very negative way ... so one closing of p2p Site is a very "negative thing" ...Closing of KAT might mean the end of public torrents in the future ..just spotballi'n

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
No dummie the closing down of Rapidshare affected me in a very negative way ... so one closing of p2p Site is a very "negative thing" ...Closing of KAT might mean the end of public torrents in the future ..just spotballi'n
I would actually like piracy to be all but eliminated through the removal of public torrent sites. My concern is that piracy has been a driver for better legal services and without it the offerings might decline in value. And I would sorely miss being able to say f**k you to Ster Kinekor by downloading HD copies of films that either haven't or just have hit local cinemas. Few things rustle my jimmies like delayed film releases. As a matter of principle I never see them in cinema.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Judging by the various threads on many many MyBB blokes here are "piracy lovers". Myself included

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Jinne, and i enjoyed KAT and downloading my old classics :D At least i downloaded Cool Runnings just in time :love:

owl

Missing KAT.:(

How do you stop the adverts playing in a new tab from Piratebay?