Takelot Cancels Order

I had a similar issue shopping at Makro online.
Two items from my basket were over 50% off. Got an email stating they were out of stock and couldnt fulfill my order and offered a refund or voucher. I chose to collect at store and they were referring to stock at the store.
I immediately went to the website, took a screenshot of the product still showing in stock , date and time included, however at the regular price and emailed them back.
Never got a reply back. Few days later my items were ready to be collected.
I would have been so p*ssed if I didnt get my items as I already spent the money from the discount.

Basically , Arm and defend yourself with information and hope for the best.

ellraven

Interesting. Did they say how it was listed for the 2nd time without checking for stock?
No, they did not explain if they made another mistake by listing it again, or removed the item as a cover up.

I unfortunately did not make a screenshot when they item was still listed as in stock yesterday.

neoprema

Expert Member
You shouldn't complain.

i mean its IMPOSSIBLE in this day and age for a supplier to have a stock system right? and such stock system to have API's for integration? And Takealot to integrate to those API's for real-time or near-real-time stock data? its all scifi stuff...

Maybe one day when we invent a way for companies to instantly transmit information to each-other through some kind of "internetwork" we can do this...