Talk to a human at MTN.

Had a recent abysmal experience with Vodacom business but at least a human answered the lines within 5 sec following the menu and most of them were knowledgeable even though the issue took 4 weeks to fix.

Telkom is worse. 1 Call centre number given is not in service. Another is menus only that do not deal with my issue and same for the whatsapp chats and same for the web chatbot as well. The line responds with my balance - which is not requested - in dollar values - R20 is given as $20 by the automated agent.

Online chat goes nowhere - the agent does not respond. Unless I was mistaken it was reachable via search only so maybe Telkom is not using online chat function anymore. At no point was I able to get to a human in my attempts in the menu paths on the 3 platforms.

I did get to speak to a live agent by dialling 083135 and somewhere along the line I was giving the option to speak to an agent.

Vodacom - wasn't able to reach anyone by phone for a couple of years, shop staff had their hands tied.
Later was literally being ripped off.

So I ported to...

MTN - shop staff have been great so far - Norwood Mall, Jo'burg. Haven't needed to phone them yet.

My primary issue is that WiFi calling isn't working. I made a visit to a MTN shop for assistance, but their knowledge on WiFi calling appeared to be minimal.
Which device is that?
i dial 135 ,select any option ,listen to the options fully ,then dial 0 .allways get through .otherwise phone mtn business during office hours .
What's the number for MTN business?
083 123 0011
How do you get to the "Manage Subscription option."?
If that was a sure fire way to speak to someone that would be a gamechanger.

POCO m4 Pro

WiFI calling(VoWiFi) is working on Vodacom.
They probably need to issue a carrier update of some sort, I wouldn't bank on anything even if you did manage to get hold of a knowledgable person. But does MTN do VoWifi, last I remember they only offer VoLTE?

Phoning 135 then option 2 and then option 3 (fraud) worked.

Phoning 135 then option 2 and then option 3 (fraud) worked.
And then you could speak to someone and they forwarded you to the correct dept?
Did they manage to help you with your issue?

And then you could speak to someone and they forwarded you to the correct dept?
Did they manage to help you with your issue?
No, the lady did not transferred me. She said WiFi calling was not activated on my line and she will activate it for me. Unfortunately it didn't help, I probably will have to phone again.

Counting down the days to cancel with them. It's a real pity as they were decent at one point. Their systems are a disjointed mess at the moment
The day has come and guess what! Its a fusk up again.

Call 135 and follow prompts to cancel.

Call 1:
I speak to the most unprofessional agent I have ever spoken to in my life. He can barely speak English and understand basic questions. I don't expect agents to treat me like a king or sound like one but this guy has had no training and sounds like the guy who opens the taxi door. "you want to cancel neh?" The call quality is fine but the guy failed to receive my ID number 3 times. Eventually he gets it and moves on to Address. After address he asks me again for ID number so I ask him why again? He then just repeats "Can I please have your ID number" and does not bother answering why again. Get through that and then it is security question time which I failed but I gave him the correct info. I ask if I can speak to someone else and then he says call back.

Call 2:
Speak to someone 20% more courteous but they tell me the system is down so no one can cancel today and I should 'try' again tomorrow.

I had this a couple years ago with another line and also struggled somewhat.

This company has truly lost all hope. I was tempted in getting a new phone but having to deal with them is not worth it. Taking out a contract with this company is a risk.

Reasons for cancelling:
  • Increasing price mid contract
  • Attempted fraud (unsuccessful thanks to OTP) and no interest from support staff to check
  • Extremely poor customer support
  • As mentioned before, their systems are a disjointed mess.

The day has come and guess what! Its a fusk up again.

Call 135 and follow prompts to cancel.

Call 1:
I speak to the most unprofessional agent I have ever spoken to in my life. He can barely speak English and understand basic questions. I don't expect agents to treat me like a king or sound like one but this guy has had no training and sounds like the guy who opens the taxi door. "you want to cancel neh?" The call quality is fine but the guy failed to receive my ID number 3 times. Eventually he gets it and moves on to Address. After address he asks me again for ID number so I ask him why again? He then just repeats "Can I please have your ID number" and does not bother answering why again. Get through that and then it is security question time which I failed but I gave him the correct info. I ask if I can speak to someone else and then he says call back.

Call 2:
Speak to someone 20% more courteous but they tell me the system is down so no one can cancel today and I should 'try' again tomorrow.

I had this a couple years ago with another line and also struggled somewhat.

This company has truly lost all hope. I was tempted in getting a new phone but having to deal with them is not worth it. Taking out a contract with this company is a risk.

Reasons for cancelling:
  • Increasing price mid contract
  • Attempted fraud (unsuccessful thanks to OTP) and no interest from support staff to check
  • Extremely poor customer support
  • As mentioned before, their systems are a disjointed mess.
Where you on month to month? In my situation they where unable to keep a usable connection for longer then 60 seconds.

Good luck with MTN -- I logged a complaint with ICASA, ,...as I was getting fokol/zero support from MTN + the external sales proivders...to resolve my query. from their Call Centre, to social media ....fokol/zero.... Always articles floating around about network quality, speed...time to do a customer support comparative ... MTN is the worst, all you get is " we do apologize..."
I have tried upgrading 2 Sim-only packages since 17 July. To this date nothing.
Every platform/person that I use always gets a profile error. Nobody knows how to fix my "profile"...:mad:

One business week later update.
MTN systems are still down and can not cancel any contracts.
I asked if I can cancel in store - nope, only via 135.
It has been a week and they still can't do it. I'm about to miss the 30 day notice period.

This is honestly like dealing with a TV licenses. Once they get you in the system they don't let you out.
Avoid at all costs.

Back