Tap advice

Bionic

Hi,

Im in the market to replace my shower and basin mixers.Had a look at Grohe and Hans Grohe and out of my budget. Cobra also expensive. I noticed Lusso and Evox taps are way cheaper. No reviews on the internet i can find. Has anyone experienced them? Is spares available? My budget is R4500 for 3 basin taps(tall) and R2000 for the 2 x shower mixers including the concealed unit. I think i have Cobra at the moment. Thanks

Last edited:

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Hi,

Im in the market to replace my shower and basin mixers.Had a look at Grohe and Hans Grohe and out of my budget. Cobra also expensive. I noticed Lusso and Evox taps are way cheaper. No reviews on the internet i can find. Has anyone experienced them? Is spares available? My budget is R4500 for 3 basin taps(tall) and R2000 for the 2 x shower mixers including the concealed unit. I think i have Cobra at the moment. Thanks
What is the reason for wanting to replace them?
What is wrong with the current taps?
Do you own the home, plan to stay for at least 10 yesr?

T-Man

I bought the Cobra Focus range from https://plumbitonline.co.za/. You will come in under your budget.
Service was excellent. Had my goods the following morning - Randburg. I must add that they had stock of these on hand.
I see they do national deliveries too.
Just check your dimensions on the basin mixer. I eventually took the smaller guest basin option as the normal one hung too far over into the basin.

Just never order anything from Lixil factory shop. They are pathetic.

REAList_1

Get the Tivoli brand from CTM. Ten year warranty.
My kitchen swivel tap started leaking after many years and it was replaced with no issues. Complete tap, not just the cartridge.
My house is equipped with only Tivoli - no issues.
Spares should always be available.

Bionic

What is the reason for wanting to replace them?
What is wrong with the current taps?
Do you own the home, plan to stay for at least 10 yesr?
Current taps are decent but SO wants them changed since we gutting the entire bathroom. Trust me, i tried to save a few bucks. Our previous house was 10 years living so this should be the same if not more.

Bionic

I bought the Cobra Focus range from https://plumbitonline.co.za/. You will come in under your budget.
Service was excellent. Had my goods the following morning - Randburg. I must add that they had stock of these on hand.
I see they do national deliveries too.
Just check your dimensions on the basin mixer. I eventually took the smaller guest basin option as the normal one hung too far over into the basin.

Just never order anything from Lixil factory shop. They are pathetic.
Thanks. I stumbled upon this company last night and the taps are cheaper. Im comfortable to go with Cobra as my next choice if i cannot choose Hansgrohe and Grohe. I havent bought my basin as yet but will consider the height in my purchase.

Bionic

Get the Tivoli brand from CTM. Ten year warranty.
My kitchen swivel tap started leaking after many years and it was replaced with no issues. Complete tap, not just the cartridge.
My house is equipped with only Tivoli - no issues.
Spares should always be available.
I most heard horror stories about Tivoli.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Current taps are decent but SO wants them changed since we gutting the entire bathroom. Trust me, i tried to save a few bucks. Our previous house was 10 years living so this should be the same if not more.
OK, so it looks like the reason is aesthetics.

The great thing about Cobra is that their spares are available for many, many years. Plus you can change the look of some of the taps without changing the body. If the body is still in good nick, then you may want to consider this option, not only saves some money, but the trouble of having to do a full change with all its associated problems.

Hans Grohe is also good looking, and as far as I am aware, they all have a 15 year warranty. They also do house calls when there are issues, I had them send out a team who changed all the tap filters in my home free of charge, six years after installation. So you may want to consider this if you are going to keep the home for yet a few years.

If price is the sole factor, then you may want to consider ICSA, they appear to be good value, although do not have the solid "feel" of Cobra, they are a bit more flimsy. They also have a 12 year warranty, but have never had to take them up on it.

To wrap up, you get what you pay for, and will only reap the benefits years later. If your wife redecorates every 3-4 years, then rather buy some reasonably solid cheapies.

Bionic

OK, so it looks like the reason is aesthetics.

The great thing about Cobra is that their spares are available for many, many years. Plus you can change the look of some of the taps without changing the body. If the body is still in good nick, then you may want to consider this option, not only saves some money, but the trouble of having to do a full change with all its associated problems.

Hans Grohe is also good looking, and as far as I am aware, they all have a 15 year warranty. They also do house calls when there are issues, I had them send out a team who changed all the tap filters in my home free of charge, six years after installation. So you may want to consider this if you are going to keep the home for yet a few years.

If price is the sole factor, then you may want to consider ICSA, they appear to be good value, although do not have the solid "feel" of Cobra, they are a bit more flimsy. They also have a 12 year warranty, but have never had to take them up on it.

To wrap up, you get what you pay for, and will only reap the benefits years later. If your wife redecorates every 3-4 years, then rather buy some reasonably solid cheapies.

Thanks bud

Bionic

Grabbed cobra taps from Plumbitonline.co.za. Excellent service and prices. Thanks