Tapatalk alternative

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Hi all

I've run out of patience with Tapatalk, are there any alternatives similar to how Tapatalk used to be when it was simple and easy to use? I can't believe how they've messed this app up over the past year or two, the new update is the nail in the coffin for me.

Thanks.

marine1

Honorary Master
Got to agree PP you are spot on. Will subscribe to this

cpu.

Executive Member
I agree, but I moved on...unless you do manage to find an alternative. :)

DominionZA

Executive Member
])ragon_\/oid;14265405 said:
Have you tried the Mybb app? It hasn't updated to the latest version of Tapatalk yet.
It's tied to MyBB only though, isn't it?

dunkyd

Executive Member
Hi all

I've run out of patience with Tapatalk, are there any alternatives similar to how Tapatalk used to be when it was simple and easy to use? I can't believe how they've messed this app up over the past year or two, the new update is the nail in the coffin for me.

Thanks.

What's gone wrong ? Mine seems fine on all my forums :confused:

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Download the tapatalk 4.9.5 apk if you running Android. This issue before the last big update to 4.10.x.
On iPhone I'm not sure if you can install a previous version on rollback?

SlideWP

I do agree that the latest update screwed up the ease of use:mad:
@ reactor you spot on there dude that`s exactly what I did & ignore all updates from there

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Seems I'm still running an older version of tapatalk pro.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419921211.974644.jpg

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I've noticed that the older apk's stop working after a while by giving you a message and you are forced to update.

Edit: sorry that's android related.

Last edited:

FHTheron

Wow it is quite unusable now. I used the MyBB app for a time, but moved to the proper Tapatalk app for push notifications. I'd rater just not have either now.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Please could everyone go to the App Store and rate the latest version with a single star.

Or the Play Store if you're on Android (I saw some discussion about the latest Tapatalk in the Android forum).

One other annoyance that comes to mind is when they defaulted to Emoji emoticons/smileys, makes it impossible to know what people are expressing. It's really been downhill for a while now.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Who even uses these silly gimmicks? Trending, up/down vote, huge thumbnails everywhere... I can't believe it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419927653.687247.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419927662.117426.jpg

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Just ignore Trending. Unread and participated work as they always did. Timeline is a variation on unread. The avatars and the placement of the headings are an irritation for me, especially on a tablet.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Just ignore Trending. Unread and participated work as they always did. Timeline is a variation on unread. The avatars and the placement of the headings are an irritation for me, especially on a tablet.

I'm used to Trending and Timeline etc. from the previous newer versions. They do work as they always did, the problem is that it's entirely different, cosmetically, with this latest version (updated this morning). I'm not doubting that the app works, it's mainly the unnecessary eye candy all over the show which has become too much, and inability to make it simple. It even took me some time to find the Settings menu as they've hidden it.

Hectic

Executive Member
The fact that long thread headings seems to clash with topic headings, irritates the hell out of me.

I've gotten used to the other stuff.
At times pages loads very slow.
Not sure if it is ISP, MyBB or Tapatalk related.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
What's gone wrong ? Mine seems fine on all my forums :confused:

The UI is gone to schit.

@PP try the pro version, it's a lot closer to what it used to be. Can't believe we have to pay for what we used to have...