Tapatalk alternative

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
FWIW if you were a Tapatalk Pro user then it should still be available for download from your purchased items.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
When you compare it with Tapatalk Pro - which I guess is a previous iteration you can see the difference the new design makes particularly when it comes to how threads are presented - the older version on the left.

View attachment 187776

How recent was the change? I seldom use Tapatalk on iPad, so I'll check it out sometime.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
How recent was the change? I seldom use Tapatalk on iPad, so I'll check it out sometime.

No idea. I couldn't figure out why so many people were complaining until I realised I was still using the Pro version.

rodga

Honorary Master
FWIW if you were a Tapatalk Pro user then it should still be available for download from your purchased items.

Cool will check it out.
Not a fan of the new version. Does image uploading still work? It doesn't on the old normal version

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Cool will check it out.
Not a fan of the new version. Does image uploading still work? It doesn't on the old normal version
Sure. Just make sure photo sharing 1s set to upload as an attachment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422702690.322087.jpg

DominionZA

Executive Member
Just updated Tapatalk and LOOK! It's redesigned again!

View attachment 190553
Ye - and they broke freaking PM's.
I use Carbonite quite a lot, and when I see a thread that interests me I can no longer select the OP, then menu, then Message. It bombs me out of Tapatalk. I have to go to messages and start from scratch.

Wish these okes would quit stuffing around with my favourite mobile app.

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Indeed. They have a good product (due to lack of alternatives) but they truly are the world's worst dev house.

Thor

Honorary Master
I still have the old tapatalk the trusted one.

Attachments

• 1423605825431.jpg
    1423605825431.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 614

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Anyone notice/see that the iOS latest update that came out yesterday no longer allows one to choose image size any more?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Anyone notice/see that the iOS latest update that came out yesterday no longer allows one to choose image size any more?
I remember it used to be like that. It still scaled the image down iirc.

airborne

Honorary Master
Did anyone ever find any alternative to Tapatalk, are there any browser addon's that can show all your subscriptions from many forums in one place?

What other solutions are there?