Tax clearance declined: two income tax numbers????

CarsinemiA

Hi all

So I applied for a tax clearance certificate for my company and the request was declined.

Apparently the company now has two income tax numbers? How is this possible? Myself and my auditors are the only ones with eFiling access and I can guarantee no one has attempted to register another tax number to the company. Our normal income tax number reflects on our previous tax clearance certificate.

All taxes are up to date, but there is outstanding taxes on the "new" income tax number so the certificate is being declined.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Anyone know of a solution?

moklet

Expert Member
Just spoke to a person, who just encountered the same problem in her personal capacity, having 2 tax numbers.

neko_kun

I had the same problem a while ago. It happened when the company was converted from a CC to a PTY. When the conversion was done and a new ck number was generated (when you convert a CC to PTY it has to get a new CK number) the SARS system automatically generated a new tax number as well. I just went into the branch and they deleted the "new" number and I just continued using the old number. I had to wait 21 days or something for the system to update.

CarsinemiA

I had the same problem a while ago. It happened when the company was converted from a CC to a PTY. When the conversion was done and a new ck number was generated (when you convert a CC to PTY it has to get a new CK number) the SARS system automatically generated a new tax number as well. I just went into the branch and they deleted the "new" number and I just continued using the old number. I had to wait 21 days or something for the system to update.
THanks for this; this could very well be the case. The company was converted from a CC to a PTY but it was done in 2012 already. I've had tax clearance subsequent to that date. :confused:

Will just have to wait and see what the auditors say; they have someone dealing with SARS on our behalf.

Crazy that things like this could even happen on a modern electronic system. Don't they use primary keys on Tax Numbers, Company Registration Numbers and Identity Numbers?

User4324

Hi Please Advise on the following.
while completing a vender application i was asked for my income tax number as well as a tax clearance number
any idea on what this number is and where it can be located?

acidrain

Expert Member
Hi Please Advise on the following.
while completing a vender application i was asked for my income tax number as well as a tax clearance number
any idea on what this number is and where it can be located?
Probably referring to the Certificate number. It's noted on your TCC