Taxpayers pay for minister’s wedding anniversary – Report

yebocan

Honorary Master
sounds about right - living the life, while we pick up the bill.
Not sure what the ministerial handbook states , when it comes to international travel....but

The report added that Ndabeni-Abrahams’ husband enjoyed a chauffeur-driven ride in a Mercedes-Benz S600, allocated to the minister, from Geneva to Paris to go shopping.
--was she in the car with him?

Welcome to the easy life, where you leave principals at the gate, and party on!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
sounds about right - living the life, while we pick up the bill.
Not sure what the ministerial handbook states , when it comes to international travel....but

--was she in the car with him?

Welcome to the easy life, where you leave principals at the gate, and party on!
Why the hell would one drive 3 hours to go shopping when one can fly in a 3rd of the time....
Something doesn't add up about that, this lot wouldn't go through the indignity of driving if they can fly.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Taxpayers pay for minister’s wedding anniversary – Report

yebocan

Honorary Master
Why the hell would one drive 3 hours to go shopping when one can fly in a 3rd of the time....
Something doesn't add up about that, this lot wouldn't go through the indignity of driving if they can fly.
taking in the sight 'n sounds ...ek wietie, end of the day, cost means nothing to politicians, they not picking up the bill..

Sarg3_ZN

Must have though a blue light brigade was included with the S600 which would have whisked him off to Paris in an hour and a half or less, if you consider the way the blue light brigades drive on our roads.

ConfusedR

I am shocked that the ANC has destroyed the education system so that their members and voters, will not actually understand the implications of this.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
I was under the impression ministers always use taxpayers money, for trips and such?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Don't forget it's IOL, they are laying it on a bit heavy since she is in the wrong faction.

Fjorko

Expert Member
I think MyBB has now become more of a political driven website than a tech driven website. Every second article has to do with a subject of political nature....

@mybb journalists - It's actually becoming annoying tbh , I come here to read about tech, and tech related content - not about our corrupt government and SOE's and what they steal/break/loot/<enter corrupt verb here>

so please guys, a bit more tech and less news about corruption - leave that to news24 mmmmkay?...

Thanks

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I recommend reading the original article in IOL (follow link in the mybb article) as the logic and details are clearer.

grok

Honorary Master
I was under the impression ministers always use taxpayers money, for trips and such?
Yes, that's right.
Ministers yes, not their spouses.

This one sommer made her hubby honorary-minister on a whim..

“Ndabeni-Abrahams has also been accused of outsourcing departmental functions to her husband, by allowing him to interview candidates for positions,” the report stated.