Teacher at elite Cape Town girls' school faces disciplinary action for slapping girl

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Thanks for being honest. I never received hiding from parents/anyone so was genuinely curious. We have a toddler but difficult to imagine myself doing that to such spectacular cuteness at this stage. I hope I continue with my parent's legacy in this respect at least. :ROFL:
Things are starting to make a lot of sense about you. ;)

surface

Expert Member
I can probably speak for him too. We got slaps, but not in the face. My father once punched me on the arm. I consider myself a half decent human being today.
Thanks. I could take your post either way really. e.g. You are half decent because of occasional slaps and you would be full decent if you received more slaps. OR the other way round. :unsure:

Moosedrool

Expert Member
Did you ever slap your own kids ?
Don't have kids.

Thanks for being honest. I never received hiding from parents/anyone so was genuinely curious. We have a toddler but difficult to imagine myself doing that to such spectacular cuteness at this stage. :laugh:
Toddler ends being a toddler at a specific age. A good piece of knowledge from my sister which has 2 sons is that people worship their kids yet destroy their futures in the process.

I can probably speak for him too. We got slaps, but not in the face. My father once punched me on the arm. I consider myself a half decent human being today.
Because you probably weren't a self entitled brat thinking you can get away with everything at the age where a slap to the face (Semi adult... Hell some adults even) is required.

I wonder why that is? :unsure:

surface

Expert Member
Toddler ends being a toddler at a specific age. A good piece of knowledge from my sister which has 2 sons is that people worship their kids yet destroy their futures in the process.
I am vaguely aware of this as I saw the transition from infant to toddler. :p Not slapping kids is not same as worshiping them in my opinion.

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
It is a good thing that I never went into teaching. My temper is way to short, I would be moering kids like a deranged sadist.

Sure there is little evidence that spanking does nothing more than scaring the hell out of kids, but I would just lose my composure.

lived666

Executive Member
I need to remember where that video was recently of a black teacher snot klapping the heck out of one of her kids in her class, nobody can a **** about that incident....I wonder why:unsure:

I have a feeling it popped up in that either teacher thread

Craig

Executive Member
I need to remember where that video was recently of a black teacher snot klapping the heck out of one of her kids in her class, nobody can a **** about that incident....I wonder why:unsure:

I have a feeling it popped up in that either teacher thread
You.

BrendanMc

Expert Member
Thanks for being honest. I never received hiding from parents/anyone so was genuinely curious. We have a toddler but difficult to imagine myself doing that to such spectacular cuteness at this stage. I hope I continue with my parent's legacy in this respect at least. :ROFL:
When they small they don't know any better, any person that gives a toddler a hiding has some serious issues.
It's different when they are older and can better comprehend things.
Raising kids is difficult, no-one is perfect and we all make mistakes. There are times when I reflect back about how I could have done things differently. That being said, my kids haven't had hidings in years now. As they get older there are more effective ways of dishing out punishment.

I have always maintained that the punishment must fit the crime. I was abused as a very young child by my parents, and was adopted and raised by my Grandmother. She was very strict, and I did get the occasional hiding when i really stepped out of line. But I don't regret any of it, she taught me to respect not only my elders, but people in general. Manners and courtesy go a long way. It seems to be less of a thing in kids these days. Both my kids have come home from school with awards for being polite and respectful, and that to me means that while I may not be a perfect parent, there are some things I am clearly doing right.

Craig

Executive Member
Not really snookums, just double standards. Interested to see if that teacher was suspended and all that jazz.
That thread goes the same than this one, and it plays out in the media as well. This has nothing to do with her skin colour. It's only you and a handful of idiotic EFF members making this about race. And the brats mother of course.

lived666

Executive Member
That thread goes the same than this one, and it plays out in the media as well. This has nothing to do with her skin colour. It's only you and a handful of idiotic EFF members making this about race. And the brats mother of course.
Exactly, it should have nothing to do with skin colour, except in this country it all boils down to that, thats how the cookie crumbles in this shithole, worse in election year.

dj2381

Expert Member
Slightly off topic, maybe someone should start a thread on creative ways to discipline your toddler/child that doesn't include spanking or shouting at them, would be interesting to know what other parents experiences and methods are.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Now that you've mentioned it, I'm trying to think back to whether I've ever gotten a hiding. I can only recall one time when I watched a magic show and not long thereafter, me, my brother and our parents went to the shops. I spotted a deck of cards and thought I could try out those magic tricks. I asked my mother and she said no (can't remember the reason).

So I stole it.

When we got home, my father spotted the deck of cards and took it back to the store and apologised.

Much later, when I'd long forgotten about the cards, he told me to go to the bathroom and wait there- now at this point I have to mention that my father is the calmest person I know, so naturally I went, not expecting anything.

I pissed the way he hit me :)

edit: oh, and another time, I was about 16, my grandfather was visiting and told me to water the garden and I forgot, instead I went to go play games at a buddy's place. When I got back, that nigga slapped the **** out me!

Last edited:

bekdik

Honorary Master
There are ways to deal with things like this, this was wrong from the teacher.The moment that student shoved the desk was the moment the teacher should have gone to the principal.

You are always going to have problem children in school.Teachers should know how to deal with them and not act or retaliate like that.
The teacher is not allowed to leave the classroom

bekdik

Honorary Master
And the principal would have done what ?

This little cow needs to be expelled.
She has had multiple disciplinary reports, but was given a further chance. And here, in my opinion is where the problem lies. The discpline must be carried out by the W Cape government, neither the teacher, principal or school can dismiss her