Teacher at elite Cape Town girls' school faces disciplinary action for slapping girl

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
So i guess the people in support of the teacher would not mind if this was their child in the video?They would just accept that a teacher smacked their child?
I would not have a issue. Granted, slap in the face is a bit hectic, but in this particualar case justified in my opinion. If I had a child in school and he/she acted out or broke the rules, I would have no issue with a good hiding on the bum by a teacher. That is how I grew up and believe that children these days are turning out to be sh*ts because they know they are untouchable, no matter what they say or do in the classroom.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I support the teacher. No teacher should have to be disrespected like that in their classroom.
Indeed .... and not just disrespecting the teacher, but also children that actually wants to learn.

Craig

Honorary Master
Correct, I would not mind after seeing the video.

P.S. I`m not trolling. I would even smack my kid after seeing the video. I`m not paying a massive amount of money to have my kid walk over the teacher or sit in class while playing on a cellphone.
+1 on that, my kids both know that the second a teacher phones to complain that there will be consequences. I specifically requested a specific "hardegat" teacher (she used to be his older siblings teacher) for my son this year when he finally went to school and I told her to not take crap from him, and if he doesn't listen to contact me as I know he can be a bit hardheaded.

But this brats mom, she really seems to be a piece of work. She and her annoying little ****.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I looked at the entire video.
Kid is a schit- agreed,but a grown adult does not have the right to discipline another adults child period.An assault charge had been laid by the childs mom.

So i guess the people in support of the teacher would not mind if this was their child in the video?They would just accept that a teacher smacked their child?
I would send that teacher a valentine's day card and a box of chocolate if my child acted like that and she disciplined her.

Batista

Executive Member
I would not have a issue. Granted, slap in the face is a bit hectic, but in this particualar case justified in my opinion. If I had a child in school and he/she acted out or broke the rules, I would have no issue with a good hiding on the bum by a teacher. That is how I grew up and believe that children these days are turning out to be sh*ts because they know they are untouchable, no matter what they say or do in the classroom.
Cool, so I would have an issue, because no one should discipline my child besides myself and my wife.

Moosedrool

Expert Member
Man, I laughed out loud in the office.

But yea, my parent(s) was calm etc. But when they say "wait for me in the bathroom".. you knew your **** was booked. Your ass is going to be burning...
The wait was bad enough.

Problem is all these people who are anti corporal punishment think their kids are awesome angels but also idiots. Does everyone just forget after popping a few of their own what you where like when you were 8 years old?

surface

Executive Member
Yeah i just assumed that more people would revert to instincts and go into full protection mode.My bad then.
It was absolute irresponsible of the teacher to slap that kid. I hope teacher receives some training how to handle errant kids. If that kid is problematic (as some have reported here), then corrective actions should be taken through proper channels.

HunterNW

Executive Member
This was a poe$ klap :cool:

Batista

Executive Member
It was absolute irresponsible of the teacher to slap that kid. I hope teacher receives some training how to handle errant kids. If that kid is problematic (as some have reported here), then corrective actions should be taken through proper channels.
Finally someone who sides with me.Thank you, thought I was going mad.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Talk to some teachers. I was married to one some years back. The stories she told me..... I had to seriously restrain myself from going to school and bliksem the schit out of some kids. Also the parents.

surface

Executive Member
Talk to some teachers. I was married to one some years back. The stories she told me..... I had to seriously restrain myself from going to school and bliksem the schit out of some kids. Also the parents.
I know of only 2 teachers personally. They have expressed absolute shock at how certain kids behave and have said the desire to slap at times but have never done so. If you want to resort to violence (even mild if you can call it that), you should not be teacher.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Cool, so I would have an issue, because no one should discipline my child besides myself and my wife.
If your child is disruptive and disrespecting the teacher (and therefore setting a example for my child to potentially follow not just in school, but at home also, then I am all for the teacher to TEACH and discipline your child in what is acceptable and what is not....because clearly it is not happening at home.....and the same would apply to my child also.

HunterNW

Executive Member
The parents of the "nurtured" children like the one in the video would revert to those instincts. "That's MY kid" frothing at the mouth. Meanwhile at the ranch "MY kid" is headed straight for fckupville.
Spoke with a friend earlier. Told me about a kid who gave his teacher a middlefinger. Got the father to school, his response " Oh, he does that to me too"
Edit: Father also said he can't clap his son because he will go to the police.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
The wait was bad enough.

Problem is all these people who are anti corporal punishment think their kids are awesome angels but also idiots. Does everyone just forget after popping a few of their own what you where like when you were 8 years old?
Delusional fckwits the lot of them. And in the meantime, the rest of society has to deal with their "angels".

acidrain

Expert Member
But yea, my parent(s) was calm etc. But when they say "wait for me in the bathroom".. you knew your **** was booked. Your ass is going to be burning...
What's this thing about the bathroom?

I always got told to go to my room and wait, followed by the sound of a snapping belt.