Teacher at elite Cape Town girls' school faces disciplinary action for slapping girl

STS

Mafia Detective
Um...the teacher and pupil are obviously not equals. How can a little snot based brat who has not had much life experience be an equal to a person who has an undergraduate degree and a teaching diploma and is an adult with responsibilities?
I meant in regards to his power issue, not the snot nose bitch

Craig

Honorary Master
Good news. Pity she couldn't give another one to both the parents as well, they seem to be just as much in need of a good running pk, with a chair (tm @PoppieChoffel )

ponder

Honorary Master

New twist in Sans Souci ‘assault’ case

Cape Town - Six months after being cleared of assault, the Sans Souci Girls’ High School Grade 9 teacher who slapped a pupil during a February classroom altercation has been charged again.

According to a summons served on her on Tuesday by police without any National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) notice, Clarissa Venter, 34, must appear at the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court on March 11 on a charge of common assault.

The out-of-the-blue decision has blindsided Venter’s attorney William Booth, who last year told Weekend Argus how he spent months in representations before the charge was dropped.

“I’m extremely taken aback that the case has been reopened,” he said. “In my view they can’t recharge my client. The case was withdrawn by the chief Wynberg prosecutor, an experienced lawyer, who considered all the merits and applied his mind.

“His conclusion was the same as mine: there was insufficient evidence. Based on the merits of the case, there was no reasonable prospect of a successful prosecution.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
NPA playing politics. Sounds like even the parents weren't aware, unless they're playing dumb.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
without any National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) notice

“I’m in the dark about the reasons for this latest decision as I was not informed by the NPA that the case had been reopened, which is highly unusual as it wasn’t a provisional withdrawal. It was a final withdrawal.”

The NPA was tight-lipped. “We are not in a position to confirm whether charges have been reinstated against Ms Venter and the reasons behind that decision,” said spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila.
If the NPA is involved, got to question their prioritizing of cases.