Teacher at elite Cape Town girls' school faces disciplinary action for slapping girl

surface

Expert Member
Hope the teacher has done the same. Stupid if she has hasn’t
In the video, I saw the student trying to get to the cellphone that teacher put it on the table and as teacher was in the way, it looked like that student was trying to bump her but I would hardly call it assault by student.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
eish - you guys had rough childhood hey.. never got a hiding at home or school... very dull life I know. :ROFL:
My mom would send us to fetch the wooden spoon or rolling pin (you got to choose) ourselves and then go put it away afterwards.

If you didn't, the Dr Scholl sandal was far worse an alternative.

:rofl:

3WA

Expert Member
never got a hiding at home or school... very dull life I know. :ROFL:
That explains a few things :p

The real po3s here is whoever leaked the video. Prison rules for kids. No phones, no grievance protocol.

yebocan

Executive Member

access

Executive Member
shocked and disappointed.. how very... distant..

my one parent would have been furious to say the least, the other would have asked what i did and smacked me again, just in case.

saw a teacher snap in primary school, banged a girls head against the blackboard, then quit teaching the end of the day. the girl taunted her for months until something happened. i went to boarding school later and found out the same girl was there, she used to pet a dead cat, among other stuff. i knew the girl a bit from sharing a walking route home, things at home were not well.

yebocan

Executive Member
My mom would send us to fetch the wooden spoon or rolling pin (you got to choose) ourselves and then go put it away afterwards.

If you didn't, the Dr Scholl sandal was far worse an alternative.

:rofl:
pfff, try Catholic All Boys schooling...discipline were backhands, chest punches...rosary whips, duster throws, cover drive practices on your butt... fun times

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
pfff, try Catholic All Boys schooling...discipline were backhands, chest punches...rosary whips, duster throws, cover drive practices on your butt... fun times
Ya - I attended one of those institutions

The headmaster had a wicked cane

Daruk

Honorary Master

Whright

All that’s going to happen is : the teacher is going to be labeled a racist and get fired, given a court order to payout the student and her family for emotional damage and some jail time will be served.

The student will receive a university bursary, and in a few years once at university she will be throwing rocks at staff members whilst protesting.

yebocan

Executive Member
Clickbait title.
Should be "Pupil gets snotklap after assaulting teacher"

"This kind of behaviour from a teacher is not acceptable and the teacher will be facing disciplinary action," Shelver said.

But it's acceptable from a teenage pupil? You want to know why these things happen in the first place?
ill discipline result of kak parenting..