Team Shosholoza

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
dominic said:
i remember getting pissed at berties on the waterfront if that helps
:D so do I. In fact, so do half of Cape Town. The place was legend. Reminds me of my national service year. As well as "The George", ComicStip and Abigails/Lloyds do. There I go and give my age away :D

morebroadband

A very exspensive game to compete in

I don't this South Africans realize how exspensive this sport is! With the likes of Larry Ellison (Oracle) and Paul Allen (ex-Microsoft) sponsoring teams on their own, we don't have the luxury of having this sort of money behind our team. It takes load if it to compete. The technology is state of the art and as advanced as F1.

It is great that the sport is getting coverage here, and hopefully more youngsters will take an interest, but it would be nice if a Shuttelworth would through in a hundred million or two - because this is what it takes.

kilps

Expert Member
The sport is expensive (especially the big copywrited international classes) - thats why the sponsorship is nessisary - btw our team (last time I checked) has the smallest budjet

infoseeker

Not quite like Hobie16 sailing ... thats all I can afford :)
But I would really love an outing on one of those maxis !

Durban, MW 128

Broo

Watch anything on TV regarding sailing...love it :)

I support the guys all the way.

Last edited:

kilps

Expert Member
infoseeker said:
Not quite like Hobie16 sailing ... thats all I can afford :)
But I would really love an outing on one of those maxis !

Durban, MW 128
Err - am I right in thinking that hobies arn't exactly cheap :confused: - I am sailing Dabchicks and a bit of Laser BTW :rolleyes:

kilps

Expert Member
LOL :D - I just sail lasers sometimes (just to clear the air)