• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Teamviewer alternative that allows remote profile swopping

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Hi all

Looking for a Teamviewer alternative that still stays connected when logging out of a user profile to log into the admin profile?
Preferably free or relatively cheaper.

Thanks

Zuner

Expert Member
Hi all

Looking for a Teamviewer alternative that still stays connected when logging out of a user profile to log into the admin profile?

Thanks
Used to use dameware at work. could log off/on without losing connection.

Thor

Honorary Master
I wonder if Google Remote Desktop might work since chrome runs as a background service basically regardless of who is logged in.

phly

Hi all

Thanks
I always thought Teamviewer was the only option and best option - but a friend introduced me to anydesk - check it out - has a mac version - no limits and free too if i m not mistaken - whether it has features you are requesting for is another thing but give it a spin and see. https://anydesk.com/remote-desktop

dennis.se.foon

You could try RealVNC or TightVNC. I can access the PC BEFORE I have logged in, so I assume that you can log out and log in again. Remote setup via the internet is more complex than TeamViewer, but local-network access is very easy to set up.

The android app VNC Viewer by 16nine is also free for its basic functions, if you need to access the PC from an android device.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Thanks all for the suggestions - will check them out.
I have already tried Anydesk - goes to black screen on logout - can't do anything after (remotely that is).