Tears flow as Ace Magashule promises to deliver poor whites from 'racist DA'

schumi

Honorary Master
Ace Magashule brought the residents from a mostly poor white community in Hermanus to tears after he promised to secure their land even if it means expropriating it.
Magashule paid a visit to the former holiday resort, now home to dozens of families, while he was on the election campaign trail on Wednesday.
Many families face eviction after the 22ha plot on which they live changed hands. The new owner, a developer, has begun eviction proceedings.
The visit was almost foiled when Magashule's entourage was denied access to the park by security guards, who had locked the gate. The police were called to intervene and ANC supporters eventually made their way inside to speak to residents.
Speaking to sobbing residents, Magashule claimed the DA were "worse racists, removing white people from where they have been".
Videos from his official Twitter page showed him handing out ANC T-shirts and telling the residents in Afrikaans that they should vote for the ANC on May 8.

"Nobody removes you from here. The land cannot be stolen from you, you guys ... The DA is claiming to be a non-racial party. It's really worse racists removing white people from where they have been," said Magashule.
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2019-04-24-tears-flow-as-ace-magashule-promises-to-deliver-poor-whites-from-racist-da/

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Doubt it's the DA removing the people, think it's the new land owner. Suck it up cheapskates! Move off and go find another place to rent
How the fark did they "buy the house" without the ground it's built on, as jy dom is moet jy kak lol

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Then who are the DA serving if they're racist toward everyone?
Not entirely sure the DA have anything to do with this... it was a private deal between two private entities from what I can tell.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I would wonder if the private buyer possibly has recourse against the ANC for property devaluation after Ace's threats of expropriation.....

Pitbull

Verboten
Aah, the ANC tactic of preying on the poor and uneducated peoples' gullibility.
Not trying to be very technical, but if you stay in an estate and have Share-title, you also bought the Unit and not the land per sè :p

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I would also like to know why the police would have been called if the gates had been locked. It is private property and they can deny access to people as far as I understand.

Sounds like a case could also be made against Ace and the ANC members with him for trespassing possibly...

sox63

Executive Member
The ANC will say ANYTHING to ANYONE around elections. Shamelessly :D