Tech jobs which can expect the highest salaries in South Africa

crackersa

Honorary Master
data analytics is going to be big this year, my department has a budget for $20 million for the year. this is just for data analytics.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
This suggests to me that there exists senior developers who are without experience.
"Senior Developer" is just a title and means higher income to the development house contracting them out.

Some senior developers get the "title" after years of proving themselves and building a track record, others get it bestowed on them by their employer because they've got more than two years' worth of experience.

This senior/"senior" developer then completes a survey and here we are.

cguy

Expert Member
"Senior Developer" is just a title and means higher income to the development house contracting them out.

Some senior developers get the "title" after years of proving themselves and building a track record, others get it bestowed on them by their employer because they've got more than two years' worth of experience.

More so in SA. I was a "senior software engineer" at 24. I later discovered that this title usually requires 8+ years experience in the US, despite there still being staff, senior staff, principal, distinguished and fellow above it.

Petec

Expert Member
To me, Senior, means you don't mess around, know your coding backwards, can think out the box, and can manage teams/projects... Regardless of age.

If I can leave you and your dept alone and you dudes and dudettes make magic happen, the bux will follow.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
More so in SA. I was a "senior software engineer" at 24. I later discovered that this title usually requires 8+ years experience in the US, despite there still being staff, senior staff, principal, distinguished and fellow above it.
It's like that here as well. Said company lost their contract with the bank. Said company has done other questionable things as well.

Point is, there are some with delusion of grandeur completing surveys and skewing results including those Career Junction salary articles.

Petec

Expert Member
Like when peeps tell me they are swat coders, and they proceed to tell me how they wrangle . CSS...
The mind boggles

CamiKaze

Honorary Master

You also get the title if you salary falls within the "Senior Developer" salary band, regardless of if you are worth it or not.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Like when peeps tell me they are swat coders, and they proceed to tell me how they wrangle . CSS...
The mind boggles
"Mobbing" <- the latest way to for crappy developers to get stuff done together :D