Technical Support Agent - CPT

Krypton Web - AQP

Overview:​

We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving abilities for the position of Technical Support Agent in Epping, Cape Town. The duties of a Support Agent include troubleshooting and problem solving any IT related issues that customers have.
The Technical Support Agent is expected to display good interpersonal skills as he/she will interact with customers and colleagues from various departments and executive levels. He/she will be required to diagnose, comprehend and resolve technical tasks independently.

Job Description:​

Office bound Helpdesk agent accepting and responding to inbound calls, tickets and chat messages. The candidate will be working in an IT and ISP environment. The candidate must have a reliable internet connection at home with a Desktop/Laptop for after hour support.

Roles & Responsibilities:​

• Provide Telephonic and Remote support to end users and businesses
  • Troubleshoot Internet related connectivity issues as reported by clients
  • Provide basic sales and/or accounting info to clients as required
  • Configuring client equipment for installation
  • Testing and booking-in of faulty equipment to supplier
  • Scheduling and assigning equipment and services to installations
  • Assembling and repairing computer hardware (Laptops and Desktops etc)
  • Maintaining existing software and hardware with any upgrades any that have become obsolete
  • Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved
  • Working with IT support personnel
  • Conducting backup operations
  • Creating/Updating technical documentation
  • Updating Website with Various Technical Documentation
  • Daily reports on technical systems

Working Hours:​

• Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (only 4 days in the week) and;
  • One weekday after-hours Support (on the off day in the week) is a compulsory requirement from 5pm to 9pm. (Remote only via our chat system) and;
  • One 6-hour shift per weekend remote support (on a rotation basis)

Personality:​

• Meticulous & Honest
  • Well articulated
  • Self driven and shows initiative
  • Ability to handle stress and work without supervision
  • Have great problem-solving skills
  • Be able to think out of the box

Qualifications:​

• A+ and N+
  • Basic Networking Diploma or similar

Experience:​

• A background in an ISP support environment
  • 3 Years in an IT Support Environment resolving issues with Windows PCs and Server
  • Good Understanding of Networking and Internet Protocols
  • Experience with Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
  • Experience with Active Directory
  • Experience with Enterprise Email systems (eg Office 365 Setup, Google Workspace etc)
  • Experience with Remote Desktop Technologies (RDP, Anydesk, Teamviewer, VPN etc)
  • Basic Knowledge of Using Microsoft Office (this includes, Outlook, Word, Excel)
  • Mikrotik Knowledge would be advantageous

Remuneration:​

• R9,000 – R11,000 per month CTC

Apply by:​

• Emailing your CV’s to: recruit@kryptonweb.co.za
  • Kindly include the reference SUP21 in the subject field
  • Applications closing date: 31st October 2021

Last edited:

hjst45

Positions for admin staff living in the Eastern Cape are more than that...

R13...

Honorary Master
It's a free market guys. The market will sort itself out, you all don't have to apply.

Markd

Expert Member
Sounds like a stepping-stone role for someone to get into before they jump to a big corporate. The hours seem pretty hectic - assume there's going to be overtime over and above the basic salary.

MickeyDangerez

the hours are not the problem as most IT people that "work" on systems that require downtime have to work in the evening /weekends.The main point being the skills required vs the salary.

Maybe, the current average salary is around R4500 doesn't matter about qualifications or experience. This is my genrral experience with private companies.

hjst45

Maybe, the current average salary is around R4500 doesn't matter about qualifications or experience. This is my genrral experience with private companies.
wait-what.gif

hjst45

Go check in small towns. Managers earning less than R10 000 and the rest get R4500 and you must just be happy. Almost like it's the real squid games.

To be honest, I haven't see this and I am actively looking for a job for my girlfriend. In fact, I actually found that the smaller towns pay much better due to the fact that no one wants to move to those places.

Regardless, I haven't seen any job pay as little as R4500 unless its part time or unskilled.

MickeyDangerez

To be honest, I haven't see this and I am actively looking for a job for my girlfriend. In fact, I actually found that the smaller towns pay much better due to the fact that no one wants to move to those places.

Regardless, I haven't seen any job pay as little as R4500 unless its part time or unskilled.
It is usually the jobs that don't indicate a salary. Also could be this town specifically, but I've done it all, vehicle sales, hardware sales, journalism. Unfortunately, some small towns with new things like a university create a job scarcity and even before then. Jobs have always been hard to find here. I am willing to do absolutely any type of work in Cape Town. I would even apply for a streetsweeper in CT.