Teens leave Spur waiter R4 'tip for hungry Africans'

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Police are investigating a case of crimen injuria against three customers "from hell" who taunted a Spur waiter and left a note on the till slip with a derogatory comment.

Las Vegas Spur Steak Ranch in Hemingways Mall in East London confirmed the incident and said is has offered counselling to the employee, who was racially abused on Friday.

"It is with regret that the management of Las Vegas Spur confirm an incident took place here on 22 March 2019.

"Three teenage male customers were served by our waitron. They racially abused our employee and left a note on the till slip with a derogatory comment," the steakhouse said in a statement on Saturday.

They left a R4 tip

The teenagers left a R4 tip and said it was a "tip for hungry Africans".

"The management of Las Vegas Spur vehemently condemns this atrocious act and we do not condone the use of derogatory, racist or sexist behaviour or language.

"Contrary to social media comments, management did not make light of this serious matter," the restaurant added.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/teens-leave-spur-waiter-r4-tip-for-hungry-africans-20190325

3WA

Executive Member
Some guys just can’t handle Las Vegas.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I would like to hear their side of the story before I pass judgement. For all we know the African waitor could've been calling them white vanilla no-good-for-nothing snowflakes.

I need to hear the other side of the story before I can pass my verdict.

STS

Mafia Detective
There are cases when this can be fabricated for sympathy, there are also cases when whites have been left racist messages(was in the news years ago about some turd telling a waiter to give back the land). Tipping R4 is their choice, leaving a horrible message is disgusting tho, I hope we find out who they are

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Was the waitron abused during the time they were there? If so, why not escalate while they are there and throw the little arseholes out?

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Didn't you people tell me media will go out of their way to mention if the perpetrators are white? Why is their race not mentioned?