CeeBee

Expert Member
consolidation of providers may be good if it can increase network coverage and services, through combining the benefits of the different companies.
But less players, less competition .... i dunno? generally less competition can be bad for pricing to us consumers?
guess its a tough balance to follow

Last edited:

CeeBee

Expert Member
for private co to buy Telkom, and shake it up a bit could be good for all.
but eish, should be a real bargain or, have some great benefits included, for a private co to take up all the issues involved, not least of which, government's sh it?

Last edited:

Peon

Expert Member
I just hope someone buys vox. I see that word and I want to commit violence.

Centronix

Expert Member
Rumours and more rumours. But I do hope Telkom will be bought by someone in future

qwertydudeza

Telkom is well run company, just interference from Government and no back bone from ICASA to challenge them.

Bern

Expert Member
I would like to see Telkom Wholesale and Sentech merged and the retail side privatised. That would be awesome and is actually possible, gov will never give up the whole Telkom, so this is a great way for them to invest in their aims without holding the company back so much.

MTN or VC buying Neotel would be sad, much rather see them link up with Cell C, IS or such to build a bigger competitive force.