Telegram - Auto-Delete, Expiring Invite Links, Unlimited Group Members

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
23 Feb 2021

Auto-Delete Messages
Some conversations aren't meant to last forever, which is why Telegram users can delete messages for all participants in a conversation at any time, without a trace.

Since 2013, users can also set a self-destruct timer for messages in Secret Chats.

Starting today, you can enable an auto-delete timer in all Telegram chats, which will automatically erase messages for all participants either 24 hours or 7 days after sending.

Expiring Invite Links
Invite links are a quick and easy way to bring 1 or 1 million people to your groups and channels. Along with the main invite link, owners and admins can now create additional links with a limited duration, number of uses, or both.

Any invite link can be converted into a scannable QR Code to put on everything from brochures to billboards. You can also see which users joined using each invite link to find out where new members came from or which format has been most effective for growth.
Groups with Unlimited Members
Telegram groups allow up to 200,000 members to exchange messages, media and stickers. Groups that are close to the limit can now convert into Broadcast Groups that allow unlimited members.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I deleted Telegram coz you cannot mute people for long.
Gone back to WhatsApp

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
aaah thanx for that, must be a new update, it wasnt there a few weeks ago :thumbsup:
Been there since the start.

Notifications
Mute for 1 hour
Mute for 8 hours
Mute for 2 days
Disable (i.e disable all notifications)

You can also turn off notifications for Private Chats, Groups and Channels by default and the turn on only those you want.

Last edited:

mh348

Expert Member
I deleted Telegram coz you cannot mute people for long.
Gone back to WhatsApp

aaah thanx for that, must be a new update, it wasnt there a few weeks ago :thumbsup:
It's always been there for me.. You can also Archive chats which moves the chat to the "Un read tab", so if the chat is muted and Archived then you won't get irritating notifications like what you get on whatsapp. I do this for all unimportant chats/groups that I don't need to see immediately.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I'm gonna change my message tones to the Mission Impossible theme.

"This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds"

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Tried that already but then @The_Donkey and @Cr4ig and @The_Mowgs message me from other peoples phones
I don't recall ever talking to you on Telegram. Only on WhatsApp.

About those unlimited number of people in a group feature. That is just plain stupid.

I was in some cryptocurrency group with 1 700 odd people and in one day there were 6 000 messages sent.

I left. **** that!

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I don't recall ever talking to you on Telegram. Only on WhatsApp.

About those unlimited number of people in a group feature. That is just plain stupid.

I was in some cryptocurrency group with 1 700 odd people and in one day there were 6 000 messages sent.

I left. **** that!
But the other groups you are in have way more members. The one has 4001, the other 2 over 70k members. Leaving them also?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
But the other groups you are in have way more members. The one has 4001, the other 2 over 70k members. Leaving them also?
Holy shet! I didn't even know one can see other people's groups. I see you're only in the most important one :thumbsup:

The one with 72k memberrs have 1729 pinned messages and 2674 members online at the moment.

**** that. I'm leaving all those groups

Last edited: