Telkom’s new prices: all the details

Meh @ the ADSL line price increases. Luckily it's not that much.

Meh @ the ADSL line price increases. Luckily it's not that much.

I consider it a lot, because the Voice Line rental also went up and this will affect those who has Closer plans and DSL. It's uneconomical to have a Telkom Line in an average South African house. Telkom does not value their customers and some may say now it's not a lot but in the long run it all adds up.

What retards. Over R500 for a residential post paid line installation. When I had my line installed in 2010, I ordered the waya waya product and then upgraded to post paid for free a month later. Saved me about R400 and I got a free phone. DERP.

* Monthly rental (analogue line) R148.37 (consumer)

Hey, isn't that the price I pay for my 2GB / mth on a 21.1mbps modem averaging 3.45mbps in real speeds?

ADSL?

Never.

Not at this barrier to entry price.

prices should go down one would assume so it funny that telkom is putting it up. Jeez

What retards. Over R500 for a residential post paid line installation. When I had my line installed in 2010, I ordered the waya waya product and then upgraded to post paid for free a month later. Saved me about R400 and I got a free phone. DERP.

Just get one of the 8ta R90 a month contracts (you get a free mobile phone as well!) and you have a mobile landline. Sorted.

Went to a Telkom CSB (customer facing office) today to dispute a charge on my phone bill and to pay the bill.

They can't handle disputes for starters and tell you to phone 10210 and secondly they cannot accept your payment as you have to pay at SPAR etc or online banking.

What is their purpose then if they don't do jack? They should rather just close all of their CSB branches across the country and fire the staff as they actually add no value to their brand!

I walked out of there shaking my head & laughing.

Went to a Telkom CSB (customer facing office) today to dispute a charge on my phone bill and to pay the bill.

They can't handle disputes for starters and tell you to phone 10210 and secondly they cannot accept your payment as you have to pay at SPAR etc or online banking.

What is their purpose then if they don't do jack? They should rather just close all of their CSB branches across the country and fire the staff as they actually add no value to their brand!

That's BS. They are not allowed to refuse your payment. They can advise that you use other options, not force you to use them.

That's BS. They are not allowed to refuse your payment. They can advise that you use other options, not force you to use them.

Nope, I was definitely told that I can no longer pay the account at the CSB. I just got up laughing and walked out.

This was the Ballito CSB at Lifestyle centre.

The dispute was very effectively sorted out by Jacques from the call centre and then the bill was paid via online banking.

Edit: The staff there are seriously lacking in many ways.

Last edited:

Hahaha, had the exact same experience a while ago... please note, they don't cancel any services there either!

Nope, I was definitely told that I can no longer pay the account at the CSB. I just got up laughing and walked out.

This was the Ballito CSB at Lifestyle centre.

The dispute was very effectively sorted out by Jacques from the call centre and then the bill was paid via online banking.

Edit: The staff there are seriously lacking in many ways.
Ask them to show you the written instruction and then read it carefully. ;) Legally they may NOT refuse your payment.

Ask them to show you the written instruction and then read it carefully. ;) Legally they may NOT refuse your payment.

Not sure what you mean but I will definitely not be going back there ever again as they are as useful as dog turds :D

Fast DSL (up to 1 024 kbps per month) R152.00 R152.00 R165.00 R165.00
Faster DSL (up to 2 048 kbps per month) R289.00 R289.00 R299.00 R299.00
Fastest DSL (up to 4/10 mbps per month) R413.00 R413.00 R425.00 R425.00
DSL Installation R665.29 R665.29 R705.20 R705.20

Granted nobody likes an increase but we are getting a faster speed for alot less than most would've thought (besides those of us who were naive to think it was free :) ).

I see they finally going to launch the 10MB consumer uncapped product or am i missing something :D.

I haven't seen their 10MB uncapped @ R1399.00 price point before as only the business one was launched in October last year. Anyone care to clarify for me please :).

*do Uncapped Premium Plus 10Mbps R1,399.00

Edit: Website was updated with more info O_O

Speed Restrictions

6am - 6pm: up to 650 Kbps
6pm - 10pm: up to 1 Mbps
10pm - 6am: up to 10 Mbps
No restrictions on local data

Interesting :)

sauce

Last edited:
I'm on the 'Do Premium – Fastest DSL + 20GB' bundle. Pretty happy with it and glad that the ADSL portion of my Telkom account is not changing. Would be nice if prices came down or if I could get 10mbps line speed as I'm currently on 6mbps.

Back