Telkom’s SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless is unlimited

MickeyD

RIP
Will Netflix get throttled after 50gb?
read the article?

“Full speeds will be maintained during peak and off-peak periods for all other types of applications such as email, browsing, streaming, real-time online gaming, backups, and gaming downloads,” said Telkom.

Knoffelstokkie

You know what annoys me about this, I was keeping an eye on the coverage map everyday and had no towers in my area. Suddenly in 1 day 3 pop up and they are all sold out instantly. How is that even possible?

The_MAC

Executive Member
I use the service and consume around 110GB per month (mostly on streaming), and I use around 30GB of the "allocated" P2P bandwidth.

I agree with their strategy, if they opened it up to P2P the network would be unusable by all the people downloading more than they can consume.

Streaming is the future.

Genisys

Honorary Master
You know what annoys me about this, I was keeping an eye on the coverage map everyday and had no towers in my area. Suddenly in 1 day 3 pop up and they are all sold out instantly. How is that even possible?
Same happened with my area.

FlashSA

Executive Member
The person who complained is a c%nt. I'm using 90-100gb in the office with a few extra gb's as torrents. Telkom made it very clear upfront that only torrents and news servers would be throttled at 50gb.

Best. Product. Ever. (R599)