Telkom’s wholesale ADSL price “a severe bottleneck” – Internet Solutions

zAAm

In all likelihood if they were to get rid of IPC they would just roll the price difference into the line rental...

Though I'm not defending the current price, people do tend to forget how expensive these networks are, and how low take-up is in South Africa.

system32

Expert Member
According AfriHost Local IPC bandwidth is 4x the cost of international bandwidth.

The fact that Telkom's FTTH requires IPC is strange.

Open FTTH and LTE will kill ADSL.

Last edited:

ajan

In all likelihood if they were to get rid of IPC they would just roll the price difference into the line rental...

Though I'm not defending the current price, people do tend to forget how expensive these networks are, and how low take-up is in South Africa.
The major future problem is having IPC on fibre data, no one really cares about the copper network anymore.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Telkom will milk it for as long as they can. That's what any business will do.

Swa

Honorary Master
Nothing wrong with IPC atm if you can get 200GB for R100. The major problem is the line cost.

Swa

Honorary Master
This is probably the most silly thing I have ever seen you post.
Yeah I know, you think landlines are cheap. :rolleyes: Still waiting for you to post any non-promotional adsl combo that goes for much less than R500.

waylander

Expert Member
Yeah I know, you think landlines are cheap. :rolleyes: Still waiting for you to post any non-promotional adsl combo that goes for much less than R500.
My reply has nothing to do with landlines. You have no knowledge of how telecoms and providers reach the prices you pay, but that's typical Swa.

Ignorance is bliss.

Swa

Honorary Master
My reply has nothing to do with landlines. You have no knowledge of how telecoms and providers reach the prices you pay, but that's typical Swa.

Ignorance is bliss.
Ok so you arbitrarily ignore mandatory charges. Typical Waylander.

Swa

Honorary Master
Adverb: Arbitrarily
1. In a random manner
2. (technical) taking any value, without any limit

Adjective: Mandatory
1. Required by rule