Telkom ‘not playing the land-grab game’ in fibre race

Say what?? A few years ago, Vuma started digging trenches in my neighbourhood and Telkom quickly swooped in and crushed Vuma with overhead fibre. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that the Telkom guy is telling lies.

Vuma is still not available in my area, in spite of the fact that they've erected ugly poles with loose hanging cables that I have to look at every day. So, now we have two sets of poles and wires and it looks bad.

So disappointed in Telkom, fiber could have been rolled out long ago but they choose to sleep, didn't even have to dig, they had all the old telephone poles available, which they currently using to deliver fiber.

"Won't" compete? You mean "can't". They spent way too much time milking their ADSL monopoly and completely missed the boat on Fibre. All that are left are left-overs now...

Say what?? A few years ago, Vuma started digging trenches in my neighbourhood and Telkom quickly swooped in and crushed Vuma with overhead fibre. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that the Telkom guy is telling lies.

Vuma is still not available in my area, in spite of the fact that they've erected ugly poles with loose hanging cables that I have to look at every day. So, now we have two sets of poles and wires and it looks bad.
Telkom is sitting on a gold mine. If white people were in charge, they would be styling.

"Won't" compete? You mean "can't". They spent way too much time milking their ADSL monopoly and completely missed the boat on Fibre. All that are left are left-overs now...
All at the same time sitting on apartheid trunking that they can just pull fibre through replacing the copper, or use their immense telephone pole network, no wayleaves required.

No digging required.

I've had fibre for ages now. As far as I'm concerned the race is over and Telkom lost.

Back