Telkom 150Mbps LTE Advanced now in more suburbs

TheGuy

Expert Member
WTF I live in Parkview and my normal Telkom signal is so crap that I permanently roam on MTN.

koeks525

Expert Member
Sounds great, would love to see some MyBB members test the service out if it's in their area. Pricing is not too bad if it will give a great speed... Just the contract part is a bitch.....36 months!

Telkom is offering 100GB of LTE-A data at peak speeds of up to 150Mbps for the promotional price of R1,399 per month over a 36 month contract.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
WTF I live in Parkview and my normal Telkom signal is so crap that I permanently roam on MTN.
Is this close to Parkhurst? I agree. I am constantly on MTN. Only place where I really use Telkom network is at the office ... and even when I go to the shopping centre accross the road the signal goes for a ball of sh*t again and then I am back on MTN again.

TheGuy

Expert Member
Is this close to Parkhurst? I agree. I am constantly on MTN. Only place where I really use Telkom network is at the office ... and even when I go to the shopping centre accross the road the signal goes for a ball of sh*t again and then I am back on MTN again.
Jip right next door. I set my phone to permanently run on MTN otherwise it kills my Battery.

Albereth

Honorary Master
Has anyone actually seen this work?

They tried setting it up in my Darkhurst home but only managed 10Mbps - and then it stopped.

And yes, Darkhurst is next to Darkview, Darktown North, Craighall Dark, and not too far from Darkwood.

Darkmore is further away.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Man, if they did a 50 gig package for half the price I might go for that !

deweyzeph

Executive Member
You need to use an external LTE aerial mounted on your roof and attached to your LTE router for best results.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
R1,399 x 36 months = R 50,364

One way to generate a steady income :D

Last edited:

kianm

Honorary Master
36 months :sick: . Why why why Telkom it's not like you are a new player