Telkom 1TB Deal for R999 Wireless LTE

Dretastic06

I hope its not a case of telkom issuing us with sim cards for a third time..maybe it would be better to just cancel the initial order and submit a new one as it would take 3-4 days for the sim to be delivered and presumably working.
I have a feeling that is whats going to happen

DJ29

There has to be a way that these guys can just link the data account to these new sims instead of sending us sims for a 3rd time thats really going to be frustrating. Did anyone actually get a second sim that worked though? cause they claimed it was a major issue so if everyone has received a prepaid sim they have to be aware of this.

Arthur

Honorary Master
As an aside, I tested the 1TB SIM-only special using three different Huawei LTE modem/routers, all on latest fw:
- B618s-65d
- B818-263
- B535-932.

They're all right next to one another, so position in relation to tower is the same. All connect to my network via a Netgate SG-3100 pfSense appliance.

The new B535 typically achieved around 15-18 mb/s down, 3 mb/s up.

The B618 managed slightly better at around 20-22 mb/s down, 3-4 mb/s up.

The B818 was the best, at 65-87 mb/s down, 4-6 mb/s up.

Pings were 42-50 ms typically, on all systems.

All tests were run at least 5 times using various settings, both the "internet" and "unrestricted" APNs, with and without external Poynting antenna hanging out the window.

Last edited:

netstrider

Expert Member
As an aside, I tested the 1TB SIM-only special using three different Huawei LTE modem/routers, all on latest fw:
- B618s-65d
- B818-263
- B535-932.

They're all right next to one another, so position in relation to tower is the same. All connect to my network via a Netgate SG-3100 pfSense appliance.

The new B535 typically achieved around 15-18 mb/s down, 3 mb/s up.

The B618 managed slightly better at around 20-22 mb/s down, 3-4 mb/s up.

The B818 was the best, at 65-87 mb/s down, 4-6 mb/s up.

Pings were 42-50 ms typically, on all systems.

All tests were run at least 5 times using various settings, both the "internet" and "unrestricted" APNs, with and without external Poynting antenna hanging out the window.
Glad to hear the B818 performs so well. Hoping to order mine next week.

netstrider

Expert Member
I was pre-approved within 5 mins of calling on Wednesday afternoon. Still waiting for another SMS with order number or reference number or a call or something.

EDIT: Phoned them now, they answered within a minute. Got reference number for them and order is approved. Just waiting for SMS to confirm delivery now.

Last edited:

Dretastic06

There has to be a way that these guys can just link the data account to these new sims instead of sending us sims for a 3rd time thats really going to be frustrating. Did anyone actually get a second sim that worked though? cause they claimed it was a major issue so if everyone has received a prepaid sim they have to be aware of this.
They said they will contact me in 24hrs and im still waiting. I will call them later again!

EnT@nGleD

They said the activation is now pending and she can see that it was submitted on Friday. Indicated that it will be active by end of business today. Not holding my breath though.....

Dretastic06

They said the activation is now pending and she can see that it was submitted on Friday. Indicated that it will be active by end of business today. Not holding my breath though.....
so they going to activate the 2nd prepaid sim?

EnT@nGleD

The terms and conditions when you look at the deal says it is not available with multi-sim.

Point 34 of the Ts and Cs

Last edited: