Telkom Big Deal – 10GB LTE for R139 and no contracts required

GlibReaper

I signed up by submitting a call back request on the web site, and when the agent phoned me back I asked for the 15GB deal, even though it was no longer available on the site. I was signed up - no problems.

In light of the fact that the Telkom deal is also subject to a 24-month contract, I think the Cell C deal is much better.

I am currently struggling to get a refund from Telkom for my landline which was cancelled in March, but they deducted money until August.

I also cancelled my LTE on Sept, and they've invoiced me for Nov already, another cancellation battle I'll have to fight with them. Stay away from any Telkom contract if you have the option...
These look like fixed LTE. are they tied to a location/tower?

wernervn

These look like fixed LTE. are they tied to a location/tower?
I don't think so, but they needed to check coverage on their site first. I'm only using it at home (old Huawei B315 router), so I may be wrong...

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
It appears one has to find a way to pay each month ? ( cannot pay for six months in advance ? )

Unlike THIS Telkom offering

Monthly Recurring data bundles

Which as far as I can work out is recurring month to month data on your ALREADY existing account
CLEARLY this was how the November BIG DEAL was going SUPPOSED to work

10 Gig for R139.00 PLUS Huawei E5573

It would appear to me that if one took the SIM only deal the 10 Gig should be approx R100.00 pm

I really need something like this to add to my existing postpaid ( monthly ) Home Unlimited account

Who knows PERHAPS Telkom have some sort of a Black Friday special deal ?

cool_gi

came across this . though about the guys that dont like Telkom contracts. @99, its the same as telkom. plus the bonus of 5 gb night dataUntitled.jpg

cool_gi

came across this . though about the guys that dont like Telkom contracts. @99, its the same as telkom. plus the bonus of 5 gb night dataView attachment 577138
having seen this.. im tempted... but seeing that the offer ends on 4 December, im still going to hold out for black friday and see if i can save myself a few bob.

namzsteve

Expert Member
having seen this.. im tempted... but seeing that the offer ends on 4 December, im still going to hold out for black friday and see if i can save myself a few bob.
Then after black friday they'll tell it's out of stock.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
came across this . though about the guys that dont like Telkom contracts. @99, its the same as telkom. plus the bonus of 5 gb night dataView attachment 577138
As far as I can work out it is STILL x24 contract UNLESS you take the Cash option = R550.00

Did you check the -- fine print ?
R204 once off SIM and CONNECTION FEE ..........
One wonders what happens if you ALREADY have a Vodacom DATA SIM ?

Now R550.00 PLUS R204 = R754.00

In any case I cannot find this offer ONLINE ANYWHERE

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
OK
Just confirmed -- DATA is x24 ONLY on contract
Device cash price is a special -- applies ONLY to the device NO data !
These marketing ploys have lost credence to the extent I never trust ‘special offers’ nowadays.
Most are at best misleading, at worst downright fraudulent . From small print T&Cs and ‘while stocks last’ to ‘ first 100 customers only’ . Wade through reams of legal gobbledy gook T&Cs and still have no clue what's the real deal.

TGIF

Swa

Honorary Master
LOL at Vodafail. Cell C is still R10/GB anytime 200GB data and it lasts a year.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
LOL at Vodafail. Cell C is still R10/GB anytime 200GB data and it lasts a year.
How quickly can one go through 200Gb data ?
That is about 17GB pm
Why can they not have a 365 vaild 20Gb recurring pm with a two month roll-over ?
You can still pay the cash amount up front.

Swa

Honorary Master
How quickly can one go through 200Gb data ?
That is about 17GB pm
Why can they not have a 365 vaild 20Gb recurring pm with a two month roll-over ?
You can still pay the cash amount up front.
If I read it correctly it's 5GB anytime and 5GB night data without rollover from Vodacom. So it's not as good as it looks. But believe me you can go through it quite quickly but the months you don't you lose it and they get you with normal bundles for the months you need more.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yes people seem to forget. Telkom = Telkom Mobile = Openserve. There is no separate companies.